Last month, Apple revealed its first live sports deal with MLB to broadcast a number of games and other baseball content on the Apple TV+ service in 2022. Now, you can watch MLB (Major League Baseball)’s Friday Night Baseball for free on Apple TV+, find out how to do that here.
The first 12 weeks of Friday Night Baseball, which will have a doubleheader schedule, will be available to stream live for free on Apple TV+ in the U.S. and 8 other countries on the range of compatible devices.
You will not require any subscription, which standardly costs $4.99. However, you will still need an Apple ID to log in to the service and watch the action live. In addition to the live games, you can also watch the highlights, previews, replays, and more baseball-related action on the service.
How to Watch MLB’s Friday Night Baseball Games Live on Apple TV+ for Free?
Apple has announced that the first 12 weeks of the MLB season will be free on Apple TV+ starting Friday, April 8, 2022, to Friday, June 24, 2022. They have also revealed the schedule for the doubleheader Friday Night Baseball for this period.
You will be able to enjoy the games for free using Apple TV+, however, you will still need an Apple ID to start streaming. Apple hasn’t announced the schedule after June 24 and hasn’t revealed if the games beyond will require any subscription. More details about that will be available soon.
You can use Apple TV+ to watch Friday Night Baseball games live for free on a range of devices. Here are the methods you have to use for specific devices:
Watch MLB for Free with Apple TV+ on Mac, iPhone, and iPad
You can use the Apple TV app on your Mac, iPhone, or iPad to watch the Friday Night Baseball games live. Just launch the app, and make sure you are logged in.
Next, go to the Originals tab. Scroll down and find Major League Baseball. Finally, start streaming.
One more day. #FridayNightBaseball begins tomorrow night with an epic doubleheader.
— Apple TV (@AppleTV) April 7, 2022
Watch MLB for Free with Apple TV+ on a Web Browser
You can also enjoy the Friday Night Baseball games on a web browser via the Apple TV+ service. Just launch a browser, and head over to tv.apple.com. Now sign in with your Apple ID.
After signing in, scroll down and find the Major League Baseball section. Start streaming the games from there. There are good chances you’ll find MLB just at the top of the page.
Watch MLB for Free with Apple TV+ on Apple TV 4K & HD
You can also enjoy the MLB games in 4K and HD on your Apple TV. To do that, turn on your TV, and go to the Sports tab. Here, scroll down and find Major League Baseball.
After that, you’ll be able to see the schedule. Just click on the live game and start streaming. You can also add the matches to your “Up Next” queue.
Watch MLB for Free with Apple TV+ on a Smart TV & Set-Top Box
You can also use the Apple TV app on your smart TV or set-top box to enjoy the Friday Night Baseball games for free. Many of them also come with the Apple TV app pre-installed. However, if it is not available, you can find and install it from the app store.
After installing the app, launch it, and go to the Originals tab. Here, scroll down and find Major League Baseball, and start streaming.
List of Countries where Apple TV+ is broadcasting MLB for Free
Apple TV+ is broadcasting MLB’s Friday Night Baseball doubleheader games in a total of 9 countries including the United States. Here is a list of countries where you can watch the MLB games for free on the Apple TV+ service:
- United States
- Puerto Rico
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
If you are residing anywhere else, you won’t be able to stream MLB games with Apple TV+ for free, unless you are using a reliable VPN.
What are the compatible/supported devices?
Apple TV+ supports a wide range of devices where you will be able to watch the MLB games for free for the first 12 weeks.
Here is a list of devices you can use:
- iPod Touch
- Apple TV 4K & HD
- Smart TVs with the Apple TV/TV+ app including Samsung, LG, Panasonic, and Sony
- PlayStation and Xbox gaming consoles
- Cable set-top boxes
- Amazon Fire TV and Roku devices
- Chromecast with Google TV
- Web Browser via tv.apple.com
We have already shared the method that you need to use on these devices above.
Apple TV+ Friday Night Baseball Schedule for 12 Weeks
Apple has also announced the schedule for the first 12 weeks of Friday Night Baseball. The free games will start on April 8 and will run until June 24. Since every Friday will have a doubleheader, the first games will start at 6:30, 7:00, or 8:00 PM ET, and the second ones will start at 8:00, 9:30, or 10:00 PM ET.
The two games will be airing on separate streams. Thus, the length of the first game will not affect the start time of the second game. You can enjoy both the games without any trouble every Friday.
Friday Night Baseball Games in April 2022
Friday, April 8, 2022:
- New York Mets at Washington Nationals (starts at 7:00 PM ET)
- Houston Astros at Los Angeles Angels (starts at 9:30 PM ET)
Friday, April 15, 2022:
- Tampa Bay Rays at Chicago White Sox (starts at 7:00 PM ET)
- Cincinnati Reds at Los Angeles Dodgers (starts at 10:00 PM ET)
Friday, April 22, 2022:
- St. Louis Cardinals at Cincinnati Reds (starts at 6:30 PM ET)
- Texas Rangers at Oakland Athletics (starts at 9:30 PM ET)
Friday, April 29, 2022:
- New York Yankees at Kansas City Royals (starts at 8:00 PM ET)
- Washington Nationals at San Francisco Giants (starts at 10:00 PM ET)
Friday Night Baseball Games in May 2022
Friday, May 6, 2022:
- Chicago White Sox at Boston Red Sox (starts at 7:00 PM ET)
- Tampa Bay Rays at Seattle Mariners (starts at 9:30 PM ET)
Friday, May 13, 2022:
- San Diego Padres at Atlanta Braves (starts at 7:00 PM ET)
- Chicago Cubs at Arizona Diamondbacks (starts at 9:30 PM ET)
Friday, May 20, 2022:
- St. Louis Cardinals at Pittsburgh Pirates (starts at 6:30 PM ET)
- Texas Rangers at Houston Astros (starts at 8:00 PM ET)
Friday, May 27, 2022:
- Baltimore Orioles at Boston Red Sox (starts at 7:00 PM ET)
- Toronto Blue Jays at Los Angeles Angels (starts at 9:30 PM ET)
Friday Night Baseball Games in June 2022
Friday, June 3, 2022:
- Detroit Tigers at New York Yankees (starts at 7:00 PM ET)
- Atlanta Braves at Colorado Rockies (starts at 8:30 PM ET)
Friday, June 10, 2022:
- Tampa Bay Rays at Minnesota Twins (starts at 8:00 PM ET)
- New York Mets at Los Angeles Angels (starts at 9:30 PM ET)
Friday, June 17, 2022:
- Chicago White Sox at Houston Astros (starts at 8:00 PM ET)
- Cleveland Guardians at Los Angeles Dodgers (starts at 10:00 PM ET)
Friday, June 24, 2022:
- Chicago Cubs at St. Louis Cardinals (starts at 8:00 PM ET)
- Detroit Tigers at Arizona Diamondbacks (starts at 9:30 PM ET)
What else will the Apple TV+’s MLB Coverage include?
Apple has announced that the MLB games broadcast will include pre-game and post-game coverage which Lauren Gardner will host with a rotational group of analysts and former players including Carlos Peña, Cliff Floyd, and Yonder Alonso.
Apple TV+ sets broadcasters for inaugural Friday Night Baseball games, which includes 5 women:
[email protected] – Melanie Newman, Chris Young, Hannah Keyser and Brooke Fletcher
[email protected] – Stephen Nelson, Hunter Pence, Katie Nolan, and Heidi Watney
— Tim Baysinger (@tim_bays) April 7, 2022
Apple is relying on the MLB Network for its telecast production as the broadcast teams are all MLB Network’s personalities. The Apple TV+ broadcast will also include on-screen callouts about batters’ walk-up songs from Apple Music, Siri-based baseball trivia, and more.
Furthermore, the production will utilize high-speed Phantom and high-resolution Megalodon cameras, and immersive sound in 5.1 with spatial audio enabled, improved on-screen graphics including probability-based forecasts, and highlights.
Apple will also offer additional shows covering more baseball such as the “Countdown to First Pitch” on Thursdays which previews the week’s scheduled games, and “MLB Daily Recap” every morning on Saturday to showcase the highlights of the previous night.
The Cupertino-based tech giant will make sure that baseball fans have thrilling weekends. Are you excited about it? Let us know which team you are rooting for this season using the comment box.