New revelations made by an ex-Menudo member, Roy Rosselló, could open new doors in the trial of the infamous Menedez brothers, who became a national sensation for the murder of their parents, José and Mary Louise Menéndez.
In an explosive upcoming Peacock docuseries, “Menendez + Menudo: Boys Betrayed”, the most-talked-about case is once again revisited as the former member of the 80s Puerto Rican band makes allegations that Lyle and Erik Menendez’s father, José, drugged and raped him.
Roy Rossello Narrates The Brutal Truth
Tables may have turned for the Menedez brothers, Lyle and Erik Menendez, as their former 80s boyband member, Roy Rossello made a new revelation in the upcoming Peacock docuseries, “Menendez + Menudo: Boys Betrayed”.
Rosello revealed that the infamous brothers’, who are currently serving life imprisonment without parole, father, Jose, drugged and raped him back in the day. He added that he was also sexually abused by the band’s founder and former manager, Edgardo Diaz, and it was through him, that he met José.
Edgardo was the one who got Rossello to José’s house, where he drugged and raped him. “That’s the man here that raped me,” he says in the clip while pointing to a photo of José Menendez. “This guy. That’s the pedophile.”
If you aren’t aware, Edgardo Diaz set a rule that once a band member reached the age of 16, they would be replaced. The famous boyband was founded in 1977 and became a global sensation in the years to come.
Menendez + Menudo also includes allegations that one of Menudo’s former managers, Edgardo Diaz, sexually abused Rosselló when he was part of the group in the mid-1980s. Menedez brothers’ boy band, Menudo was signed as an executive at RCA Records.
What’s The Fate Of The Mendez Brothers’ Trial?
Lyle and Erik Mendez were convicted of murdering their parents, José and Mary Louise, inside their Beverly Hills mansion in 1989. During the infamous trial, it was argued that the brothers were killed out of fear after threatening to expose their father for years of sexual abuse.
However, the judge didn’t allow the testimony. The two artists blamed the mob for the death of their parents but then admitted to killing them in self-defense after years of sexual abuse. After two hung juries and a mistrial, the brothers were found guilty of first-degree murder and sentenced to life imprisonment without parole.
Now, almost three decades later, a former member of the popular Puerto Rican boy band claims he too was victimized by Erik and Lyle’s dad in the ’80s. In a recent video clip, teasing the upcoming Peacock docuseries Menendez + Menudo: Boys Betrayed, Roy Rosselló narrates how brutally he was drugged and raped as a teen by the powerful Hollywood executive.
A new docuseries coming to @Peacock puts the infamous case of the Menendez brothers back in the spotlight and includes explosive new allegations against their late father. @jacobsoboroff shares the details. pic.twitter.com/ofQDIfDDl0
— TODAY (@TODAYshow) April 18, 2023
“I know what he did to me in his house,” Rosselló, who has now turned 51, can be heard saying.”That’s the man here that raped me,” he alleges in a clip, referring to a photo of Jose. “That’s the pedophile.”
Erik and Lyle were sentenced to separate prisons until 2018, but then Lyle was moved from Mule Creek State Prison in northern California to the Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility in San Diego County. The two have remained there since then.
As for the newly surfaced claims, Erik, now 52, said: “It’s sad to know that there was another victim of my father. I always hoped and believed that one day the truth about my dad would come out, but I never wished for it to come out like this – the result of trauma that another child has suffered.”
Rosselló’s claims make us believe that the brothers’ story did hold some truth and that the single jury may have made a terrible mistake. Last year, a four-part HBO Max docuseries “Menudo: Forever Young,” showcased interviews with 13 former members of the band, that the band’s life was nothing but a joy fest.
But again, these members alleged that music promoter Edgardo Diaz put them under physical, sexual, and mental abuse, grueling schedules, and a lack of parental oversight. Not only this, he even asked the parents of these boys to sign over most legal rights before they could even become members. So yea, it was a full-fledged case of showbiz deceit.
The bottom line is that the Menedez brothers may have killed their parents, but again, the upcoming documentary has given hope to the two brothers, who continue to serve life imprisonment without parole. However, it remains blurred if the new allegations would help the boys secure a new trial.
Previously, the Menedez brothers fell on their noses as the judge dismissed several appeal filings. their appeal filing. The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, which prosecuted the brothers’ highly publicized cases, has refrained from responding on the matter.
Note: If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted, help is available through the National Sexual Assault Hotline: 800-656-HOPE (4673).