We all know Courteney Cox for her role as the cheeky Monica Geller from the NBC sitcom Freinds. If you look at her life closely, you’ll see that the 57-year old American star is an ardent fan of cooking. Oh, she cooks like a pro.
Remember the Ultimate Margarita Showdown: Courteney Vs. Andy Cohen? Now, Courteney is out with a recipe for Aglio E Olio. You can find the tutorial on her latest Instagram post. She reveals how this dish is rich in fibre and so easy to cook.
Cox’s Aglio E Olio recipe
Courteney recently posted an Instagram post with a step-by-step recipe to cook a delicious meal of Aglio E Olio. She tells how you can level up his Italian Pasta recipe with a secret bouillon cube.
These are the steps to cook glute-free Aglio E Olio as per Courtney:
- Cut up about 5 to 8 cloves of garlic into small chunks. You want the garlic to be big enough to cook and soften in the oil for flavour. Use more if you like. You can never have too much garlic.
- Wash, dry, and chop a generous portion of Italian Parsley. (I usually do this first so that it’s dry enough to chop when cooking the pasta).
- Begin boiling the water for pasta. Add a generous amount of salt to the water but no oil.
FYI, she uses a gluten-free salt.
- Make sure it’s a very good pasta, like “Trafilatta en Bronze” or something in Bronze. It’s coarser so the oil will stick to it better.
- In a large saucepan add Extra Virgin Olive Oil coating the entire bottom of the pan. Begin to heat the oil adding salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Put the garlic in the oil. You want the garlic to turn a little golden.
- Add a chicken bouillon cube
IMPORTANT: JUST BEFORE YOU TAKE THE PASTA OUT OF THE WATER TAKE 3 CUPS OF THE PASTA WATER.
- Add the water to the oil. This is probably the most crucial part.
- You want more water in it than you think because the pasta will absorb 85% of it if it’s good pasta.
- If not maybe only 1.5 cups of pasta water. Mix the oil and water a little then add the pasta.
NOTE: COX LIKES TO COOK THE PASTA ABOUT A MINUTE LESS SO THAT SHE CAN ADD IT TO THE OIL AND WATER AND CONTINUE COOKING FOR ABOUT A MINUTE.
- At that point, you add the chopped parsley and mix it in.
- You can add red chilli flakes if you like it a little spicy.
That’s the simpler recipe to Courteney Cox’s Aglio E Oli
Interesting facts about Aglio E Oli
Aglio E Oli is a traditional Italian dish, also known as Cucina Rustica. It is high in fibre. It is an integral dish of the Neapolitan (Greko-Roman period) cuisine. It is a widely popular yet simple dish. Aglio E Oli is inexpensive and can be prepared from the regular ingredient you’ve got on your shelf.
Previously, the Scream star posted Instagram videos on how to make the best gluten-free/sugar-free banana bread, Keto Chips plus Guac, lemon pasta recipe and much more.
I think these recipes are the reason that Courteney hasn’t aged at all. Man, she glows! So if you’re looking for some health-related targets, keep checking out her Instagram. I am giving this recipe a try, are you?