Teacher Appreciation Week is here! Whether you know a teacher or are a teacher, this week is all about finding ways to appreciate them.
What Is Teacher Appreciation Week About?
Teacher Appreciation Week is celebrated for a week every year. It starts from May 1 and goes on till May 8. During these days, people are supposed to do all they can to appreciate the teachers in their lives and show gratitude.
The dates may vary each year, but the month is the same. While the teacher appreciation week is during the first full week of May, the teacher appreciation day falls on the first Tuesday of the month.
Why Should You Celebrate Teacher’s Day?
After our parents, teachers are the authoritative figures in our lives. They play a crucial role in shaping the people we become. Teachers are also very hard-working but they are rarely paid well enough for the job they do. In fact, a study by the National Center of Educational Statistics showed that about 94% of teachers spend their own money in the classrooms.
The work load and limited pay takes a toll on them, but they never show it. Most of the teachers are kind and welcoming towards the students, even with all the extra workload that they bear.
How To Celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week?
If you are wondering what you could do to show your teacher that you care, we have you covered.
- If you are a business owner, then you can show your appreciation by offering discounts or gift coupons for the teachers in the community. Another good way to show appreciation would be to deliver gifts or donate supplies to the school. This would also get you a positive promotion.
- Write a heartfelt thank you note to the teachers. Remind them of an incident that really touched you and maybe mention how they help you want to be a better person. It will mean a lot to them.
- Students often take this time to go all out and decorate the classrooms for the teachers. You can pitch in with supplies and plan with your classmates. It is also a good idea to get a small gift for your teachers.
- Help them out. It would be a nice gesture to help them carry books or other things from one classroom to other. Although it is a nice gesture to do during the teacher appreciation week, it would be better if you can do it throughout the year.
- As a member of the community, a nice way to show your appreciation would be to organize lunch or dinner for the teachers in the community. It is something they would remember for a long time.
The aim of the week is appreciating the teachers around you. Teachers are not only the ones you have in classrooms, but they can also be someone who guided or mentored you. The smallest of gestures can go a long way when it comes to showing appreciation. Make this year memorable for the teachers in your life and show them just how much you appreciate them.