HomeLatestWhat is Chroming? All About the Dangerous TikTok Deodorant Trend

What is Chroming? All About the Dangerous TikTok Deodorant Trend

Chroming is the latest trend that has taken the social media app TikTok by storm. This is not any fun trend that you may have come across on TikTok, it is a dangerous trend that has gone viral among teenagers.

For those of you who are unaware, let us share with you, chroming is a dangerous trend that involves the use of deodorant. Keep scrolling further to learn everything about the ‘chroming’ challenge trend.

Here’s everything you need to know about the Chroming TikTok trend

The word ‘chroming’ is an informal word that originates from Australia. As per the Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne, ‘chroming’ refers to the inhalation of toxic substances such as recreational drugs. The user makes use of chrome-based paint in order to get high.

The toxic chemicals can be paint, aerosol cans, permanent markers, nail paint remover, lighter fluid, glue, solvent, hairspray, deodorant, nitrous oxide, or petrol. As of this moment, it’s unclear whether the TikTok users have been prompting each other to take part in the chroming challenge as the phrase has been moderated by the site.

In simple words, ‘chroming’ is a word used to describe inhaling these substances. As per New York Post, there are various ways of inhalation and they are as follows: huffing, bagging, spraying, sniffing, or snorting.

A teenager passed away from huffing toxic chemicals

The term ‘chroming’ has garnered the attention of the people after it was reported that a teen girl from Australia tragically died after inhaling toxic chemicals from a can in the dangerous trend.

According to various media outlets, an Australian teen named Esra Haynes was staying over at a friend’s house. And then, her parents got a phone call that their daughter was unwell.

Soon after receiving the phone call, her parents rushed to the property and when they arrived at the friend’s house, the paramedics told them that their daughter had been chroming.

Esra was instantly taken to the hospital. She stayed in the hospital for the next 8 days before passing away. It has been reported that she suffered brain damage in the process. At the time of her demise, she was only 13 years old.

Esra Haynes’ family talks about her tragic death

During a recent interview with 9Now, Esra’s parents Andrea and Paul talked about the untimely demise of their 13-year-old daughter in the hope of creating awareness about the dangers of chroming.

Andrea told the station, “(It was) just a regular routine of going to hang out with her mates. The ripple effect is that this is absolutely devastating, we’ve got no child to bring home.”

While speaking about the dangers of chroming, Paul said, “Esra would’ve never have done this if she’d had known the consequences. That it could take your life”.

Sending our deepest condolences to the entire family of Esra Haynes during this time of difficulty.

What is your take on the ‘chroming’ challenge trend? Kindly let us know your thoughts in the comments section below. Don’t forget to stay tuned with us for the latest updates from the world of showbiz.

Meenal Mehta
Meenal Mehta
Hi, I am Meenal. I'm a travel enthusiast, a movie buff and a cricket fan all wrapped in one. I love to capture moments through my words. Writing is my happy space, it has been a great way of putting all my thoughts out and feel liberated.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular