Neyo White is a TikToker who garnered the attention of the netizens on the video-sharing app after he claimed that he suffered severe burns on his face due to an infamous chemical peel last year.
As per the new documents obtained by TMZ, the TikTok star was awarded $1 million in damages at the end of June in his lawsuit. Keep scrolling further to catch more details about the whole matter.
TikToker who went viral over chemical peel burns has been awarded $1 million in damages
Neyo White, a content creator who went viral on TikTok after he alleged that he received a chemical peel that left him with second-degree burns has been awarded $1 million in damages.
According to the new documents acquired by the media outlet TMZ, Neyo was awarded $1 million in damages at the end of June in his lawsuit against Diamond Facez Skin Care Bar in ATL, and the woman he says administered the peel, also happens to be the CEO.
Now, let’s give you a breakdown of the damages. It has been reported by the media outlet TMZ that White has been given $750K in compensatory: two-thirds of that comes from the company. On the other hand, when we talk about the rest of the money, it comes from the CEO.
In addition to this, Neyo is also getting another $250K in punitive damages. Up until this moment, Diamond Facez Skin Care Bar hasn’t put out any official statement on the entire matter.
What happened to Neyo White?
For those of you who are unversed, let us share with you, Neyo White went viral last year when he claimed that he got severe burns on his face due to a chemical peel. At that time, he stated that the spa didn’t take any action.
In a TikTok video that went viral in February 2022, he talked about his horrific experience at the Atlanta Spa. He revealed that the chemical peel incident saw the light of day on February 17 at Diamond Facez Skincare Bar, an establishment where he previously received milder treatments.
Since the face peel incident, Neyo has posted many videos and photos of his face, which is covered with dark blotches. At that time, he shared on social media, “My life is over. I don’t know what else to do.”
White alleged that he had never received a chemical peel treatment before the February 17 appointment and he didn’t know what to expect from the treatment. In a now-deleted Facebook video, he said, “I knew it was going to be bad, but I did not think it was going to be this bad.”
He stated that during the process, he felt some intense burning sensation on his face and he instantly voiced his discomfort. Then, the esthetician told him that the feeling was normal.
Neyo said, “After she’s finished doing the chemical peel, my face is white and gray. And so I asked her, I said, ‘Hey, aren’t you going to remove this [acid] off me face?’ She said, ‘Oh no, you’ll be fine.’ She said, ‘It’ll dry up a few minutes later, a maybe a few hours later.’”
Once he got home, he noticed that the spots went from white to grey and began getting darker. Then, he decided to get treated for the same after the blotches started looking like burns. The esthetician didn’t refund his money or take any responsibility for her actions. Soon after, he filed a lawsuit against the spa.
For more updates from the world of entertainment, stay tuned to Teal Mango.