Los Santos Drug Wars, GTA Online’s new DLC, is finally here and fans have already started downloading the update everywhere. The DLC contains several new features, six new missions, and a completely new way to earn additional income. Players on all platforms have received the update, with varying download sizes.
Rockstar Games had earlier announced the DLC last week on the 8th of December, stating the release date of December 13th. As announced, the update has arrived on time, on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and also the older consoles, PS4 and Xbox One X|S.
Los Santos Drug Wars Update Brings New Missions
GTA Online’s most-awaited DLC, Los Santos Drug Wars, is finally here and players can now download the update on their respective platforms. On PC, players can check the Rockstar Games Launcher for the update to pop up by simply opening the launcher.
The update brings six new missions to the game, initiated by Ronald “Ron” Jakowski. Rockstar Games described the new missions as follows:
Hey, Ron here. I’m heading up to Liquor Ace. There’s some kinda new crew in town. Could be trouble. I’m not saying I need your back up or anything, but… I kinda need your backup. See you up there?
Once the DLC is downloaded and installed, upon getting on GTA Online, players will receive a call from Ron, to catch up with him at Ace Liquor. Heading to the location will initiate the first of the six missions. The six missions are named as follows:
- First Dose 1 – Welcome to the Troupe
- First Dose 2 – Designated Driver
- First Dose 3 – Fatal Incursion
- First Dose 4 – Uncontrolled Substance
- First Dose 5 – Make War not Love
- First Dose 6 – Off the Rails
Los Santos Drug Wars DLC Update On PC, PS5, Xbox Series S|X
— The Maddened Ghost (@MaddenedGhost) December 13, 2022
Those who have Grand Theft Auto 5 on Steam or Epic Games can launch the respective apps. On Steam, players should check the game’s Properties, and choose the option “Verify integrity of game files” to let Steam check for an update. On Epic games, players must keep the “Allow Auto-updates” option enabled to get the updates.
Players on the new-gen consoles can see the Ray-tracing updates applied in the game that shows reflections on mirrors, vehicles and shadows on all surfaces. To get the updates on PS5:
- Head to the Library and hover over “Grand Theft Auto V.”
- Press the “Options” button on the controller
- Choose “Check for Update” from the side menu.
- If an update is available, head to the Downloads section, and the update will start downloading.
On Xbox consoles:
- Players can check the “Games & Apps” pane.
- Under “Updates”, players will get the updates for all installed apps and games. If the DLC update for GTA Online is available in your region, you will see the update download.
Winter DLC: New Vehicles Added
New vehicles have also been added to the game and players will see them once they install the DLC update. Details of the new vehicles added so far:
- Annis 300R ($2,075,000)
- Overflod Entity MT ($2,355,000)
Southern San Andreas Super Autos:
- BF Surfer Custom ($442,500-$590,000)
- Zirconium Journey II ($592,500-$790,000)
- Declasse Tulip M-100 ($1,658,000)
Even more vehicles are expected which will be added as part of the drip feed in the coming days.