Adding friends in Minecraft is simple and just requires a little menu navigating. Aspiring miners and crafters may now work with many more of their pals. This game has the function of adding friends so that more than one person can play on the same platform. In this article, we’ll be teaching you how to Add Friends On Minecraft.
How to Add Friends On Minecraft?
Minecraft has various versions. But two most essential versions are Java and Bedrock. The Java Version is only available on PC i.e. Linux or Mac. Windows 10 also supports the Java version now.
But if you are playing on Play Station, Xbox, and Nintendo switch, you are playing the Bedrock Version.
Keep in mind that the players of the Java Version can only add friends from the Java version. And same goes with the Bedrock version. Keeping this in mind, let’s see how to add friends on Minecraft.
- Firstly, if you don’t already have one account, sign up for a free Microsoft account by using your Xbox credentials. For crossplay to work, you’ll need a Microsoft account. An online subscription, such as Xbox Live Gold or Nintendo Switch Online, is required if you’re using a console.
- Then run “Minecraft” and sign in using your Microsoft account when you’ve made one. To sign in and link your Microsoft account to the game, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Your game will begin when you pick a set of either creating or choosing the existing world. Open the in-game options menu once you’ve loaded the world.
- Choose “Find Cross-Platform Friends” from the drop-down menu on the following screen.
- Select “Add Friend” after finding your friend using their Minecraft ID or Gamertag. If you’ve had a poor encounter with someone, you may block or report them from this screen as well. If inputting long gamer names on your console controller isn’t your thing, you may use the Xbox One app to add friends from any platform.
- Choose the buddy you’d want to invite and then click “Send 1 Invite”.
How to Play With Friends in Minecraft PC?
If you’re using Java Edition, you may connect to your friends’ multiplayer servers by entering their precise IP address in the address bar. You’ll need to download the server file if you want to get started. Otherwise, you should join your friend’s network and play on their server.
Mineplex, Lifeboat, and InPvP are the three official servers in Bedrock Edition. To play with your buddies, select and join a server of your choice.
As soon as your friend accepts your invitation, they’ll be merged into your virtual “Minecraft” universe. And they’ll now be listed under “Online Friends” when they’re online.
This is how you can add friends on Minecraft in both Java and Bedrock Edition. I hope this article helped you.