Serena Williams, the 23-time Grand Slam champion is all set to bid adieu to Tennis soon.
The ace tennis player disclosed in an article published in Vogue magazine on 08th Aug that she is looking forward to retiring soon, as early as this year. However, she did not mention any specific date.
In the article, she said, “Believe me, I never wanted to have to choose between tennis and a family. I don’t think it’s fair. But I’m turning 41 this month, and something’s got to give.”
As soon as the news of her retirement broke, fans and followers have been eager to know more about her achievements and net worth.
So let us take a deep dive into her professional career and earnings in our article below.
Everything about Serena Williams Net Worth and Other Details
The American professional tennis player is estimated to have a net worth of $260 million according to Forbes as of 2022.
- The Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) has placed her as the world’s top singles player for 319 weeks.
- She won her first major singles title more than two decades back at the 1999 US Open.
- The tennis star has more than a dozen corporate sponsors, and her $94 million in career winnings is twice what any other female athlete has ever earned.
- She made investments in approximately 60 startup companies through her firm Serena Ventures. Her company raised funding of $111 million this year in March.
- She is also one of the board members of Momentive, the parent company of SurveyMonkey. She is an advisor at NFT company Sorare.
- She is all set to launch her debut children’s book this year in September.
Williams is regarded as one of the all-time great tennis players. Venus Williams and Serena Williams have a perfect record in Grand Slam doubles finals and the duo has emerged as a winner of 14 major women’s doubles titles.
She and her sister hold the record for the most Olympic gold medals ever won in women’s doubles. She won four Olympic gold medals and two significant mixed doubles championships in 1998.
Serena Williams has served as a role model for female athletes in tennis and other sports.
Williams earned about $29 million in 2016, making her the highest-paid female athlete in the world. With $27 million in prize money and brand endorsements, she replicated the feat again in 2017 when she was the only female on Forbes’ list of the 100 highest-paid athletes.
In 2021, she was ranked number 28 on Forbes’ list of the highest-paid athletes in the world. She is the all-time highest-paid female athlete.
She endorses international sports apparel brands like Nike, Puma, and other well-known companies like Delta Air Lines, Audemars Piguet, Aston Martin, Pepsi, Beats by Dre headphones, Mission Athletecare, Berlei bras, OPI Products, OnePiece, IBM, Mini, Intel, Tempur and Chase Bank.
Collection of Cars
She has an amazing car collection in her garage. Below is the list of cars owned by her.
- Lincoln Navigator
- Mini Cooper
- Aston Martin Vanquish
- Mercedes G-Wagon
- Bentley Continental GT
Stay hooked to our portal to read the latest updates from the world of sports.