Genshin Impact was launched by miHoYo, a Japanese developer as a free-to-play action game. This video game is unlike any other famous Gacha product because of its unique gaming mechanics and engaging plot. Interestingly. In addition to the PS4 and smartphone versions, the online multiplayer game is also available on Windows PCs. However, if you want to play the game on a PC, check to see whether your computer is capable of running it first.
Regardless of the platform, you’re using, be aware that the game will need to complete downloading materials before you can begin playing for the first time. To prevent wasting time waiting, keep this in mind while making your plans and begin the game a few minutes before you expect to begin playing.
In this article, we’ll tell you how to download Genshin Impact on various platforms.
What is Genshin Impact?
The fact that you’re reading this indicates that you’re curious about Genshin Impact. Or, if you are a traveller, you could be anxious about the number of platforms you can play the game on.
Genshin Impact is an open-world role-playing game created by HoYoverse. They were once known as miHoYo and released the well-known Honkai Impact 3 before Genshin Impact. This game uses a similar gacha concept as Honkai Impact 3.
Banners are the sole means by which players may acquire characters, and each roll costs in-game cash. Other characters, on the other hand, may only be obtained through participating in special events that last just a short period and provide a certain character as a prize.
Now that we have discussed the overview of the said game, let’s dive into the procedure you need to follow in order to download it on different platforms. Genshin Impact is now available for PC, Android, iOS, and PlayStation.
How to Download Genshin Impact?
As said above, this game is available to download on 3 different platforms i.e Mobile, PC and PlayStation. We’ll discuss all three methods one by one.
How to Download Genshin Impact on PC?
The first and foremost platform is Computer. The procedure to download Genshin Impact on PC is very simple and doesn’t require any technical expertise. But, you need to take care of the minimum System Requirements before going through the downloading process. THis is because the game won’t run if the computer is not at par with the minimum system requirements of the game. Here are the system requirements of Genshin Impact.
- Operating system: Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, or
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5 or equivalent
- Memory: 30GB of disk space, 8GB RAM
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030
- DirectX version: 11
- Storage: 30GB
If your PC is meeting the above requirements, you are good to go. Creating a HoYoverse account is highly recommended before downloading Genshin Impact. Genshin Impact account is very simple to create, and you have access to the official HoYoLAB website or application as well. Visit this link to begin the registration process.
Players may, on the other hand, use an existing Facebook, Google, Apple, or Twitter account to make an account. But, the recommendation is to not use these accounts as they are vulnerable to hacking. So, create a new account instead.
Here’s how you can download the game on your computer.
- To begin, open up your browser and head on to the official website of Genshin Impact.
- When you arrive, you’ll notice a link to a Windows download. Tap on it.
- Wait for the download to complete. This depends on the speed of the internet.
- Install the game.
- Finish the game by going through all of the most current updates.
How to Download Genshin Impact on Mobile?
Now, the second most used platform is Mobile. You may be using either the Android or the iOS version. Both the procedures will be discussed here in detail.
Genshin Impact can only be played on Android devices with a minimum version of 7. At least 8 GB of free space is required. If the above requirements are met, follow the below steps to download the Genshin Impact.
- Open Google Play or the Play Store on your android.
- Type “Genshin Impact” in the search bar and tap on “Install”.
- Once the game has finished downloading, open the app and wait for the resources to get downloaded.
- After downloading the resources, you are good to go.
If you are using Apple iOS, you are at the right place. Please note that not all iPhones and iPads are supported by the game. Also, Genshin Impact requires an iOS 9 smartphone with at least 8GB of free storage space. Only the following devices can be used to play the game.
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- The iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- The iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- The iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- The iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- The iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro (4th generation)
Here’s how to download Genshin Impact on iOS devices.
- Open the App Store and search for Genshin Impact, then tap “Get.”
- When the download is complete, you may start the game.
- When you first start the game, you’ll have to wait as it downloads all of the necessary resources.
- After the resources are downloaded, you are ready to play the game.
How to Download Genshin Impact on PlayStation?
Last but not the least, let’s discuss the procedure to download Genshin Impact on your Playstation.
Make sure you have at least 23GB of free space on your PS4 or PS5 before downloading Genshin Impact. For those who need some guidance on how to download, here are the instructions.
- Open the PSN Store on your PlayStation.
- In the search bar, type “Genshin Impact”
- Tap “Download”.
- After downloading, open the app and the resources will get downloaded.
- Be aware that the first download will be rather rapid; however, downloading the resources may take a while.
That’s how you can download Genshin Impact on various platforms. I hope this article is helpful to you. In case you face any doubt, do let us know in the comment section below.