There are a lot of people playing Roblox these days, and it is particularly well-liked by the younger generations. It allows users to not only play but also design their games. This platform can be both creative and productive as well.
If you are playing a Roblox game, the need of having a unique name is very important. You may alter your display name at any moment if you joined up for Roblox with a bad username. In February 2021, this function was introduced but was shortly withdrawn once people started misusing it. It has now returned and you can now change the name.
In this article, we’ll discuss how to change the display name on Roblox Games.
Difference Between “Display Name” and “Username”?
Usually, both terms are used interchangeably. But this is not the case in Roblox. Both terms have their definition. Let’s discuss them in detail.
Your Roblox Display Name is distinct from your Roblox Username. The difference lies in the fact that a Username may always be used to identify a particular player and is identified with a @ symbol at the beginning.
On the other side, your Display Name does not have to be unique in the game and you may change it often. Setting a display name can give a large number of options. Roblox Display Names may be seen in places like your profile, chat, search, and person listings. They can also be seen floating over the head of the character you are currently playing with throughout the gameplay.
In settings a display name, you have to keep in mind some things. Since the display name is something that every other player sees, it has to meet some requirements. So, keep the following things in mind while setting your display name.
- Display Name length – 3-20 Characters
- Display Name should contain only letters, digits, and underscores.
- The Display Name shouldn’t match with high-ranking players.
- Display Name should meet the community guidelines.
How to Change Display Name on Roblox?
Now that we know the difference between the names, let’s head on to the procedure. Here’s what you have to do to change the display name on Roblox.
- Open the website and log in with your account of which you want to change the display name.
- In the upper-right corner, you’ll find a little gear symbol. Tap on it.
- A drop-down list will appear, tap on Settings.
- In the “Account Info” section, you’ll see your display name. To the right of your display name, there’s a little symbol that looks like a pencil and paper. Tap on it.
- Enter a new display name in the box that appears. It has a character limit of 20.
You don’t need to think much about your new display name. Roblox allows you to change your display name unlimited times. However, you need to wait for seven days before setting a new display name.
That’s all guys. That’s how you can change your display name on Robox. Happy Playing.