Vincent Kennedy McMahon is an American professional wrestling promoter, commentator, and executive with an estimated net worth of $2.4 billion according to Forbes as of 2022.
The 76-year-old media proprietor was involved in a few controversies in the past, and he is in the media limelight once again as the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) reported on 15th June that the WWE board is investigating a ‘$3 million hush-money settlement‘ which was paid by McMahon to an ex-employee.
According to a WSJ report, “The board’s investigation, which began in April, has unearthed other, older nondisclosure agreements involving claims by former female WWE employees of misconduct by Mr. McMahon and one of his top executives, John Laurinaitis, the head of talent relations at WWE. The Journal couldn’t determine how many previous agreements were being scrutinized.”
We will try to cover everything you need to know about Vincent McMahon and his net worth in our article below. Read on!
- Vince McMahon is Chairman of the board and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) which generates approximately $1 billion in revenue per year.
- He is a third-generation wrestling promoter who joined his dad’s wrestling company in the year 1972. WWE is now the world’s largest professional wrestling promotion company.
- McMahon bought out the entire business after a decade and transformed the erstwhile World Wrestling Federation (WWF) from a regional-centric to a worldwide phenomenon.
- WWF was listed on stock exchanges when it went public more than two decades ago in 1999 and now broadcasts in more than 150 countries in 30 different languages.
- He is also the founder and promoter of Alpha Entertainment LLC.
Vincent McMahon was born in the year 1945, in Pinehurst, North Carolina. He studied at Fishburne Military School in Waynesboro, Virginia. In 1968, he completed his graduation from East Carolina University with a degree in business.
Career and Business
For close to five decades now, McMahon has been a known face to wrestling fans. He was presented as a personable, play-by-play announcer before 1997. He then transformed his real-life persona into a swagger-walking, suit-wearing business tycoon who had agenda-driven control of his company.
He used to compete in wrestling matches occasionally. Vince is a two-time world champion, a Royal Rumble match winner, and a multi-time pay-per-view headliner.
Vince played a pivotal role in monopolizing the industry which used to operate separately in different regions across the country. WrestleMania was his brainchild which is the most successful professional wrestling event ever.
WWE and Other ventures
WWE’s position was challenged by the World Championship Wrestling (WCW) during the 1990s. It was later purchased by WWE in 2001. Two years later, the company also bought the assets of the defunct Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW).
Vince diversified into several WWE-related ventures. He introduced a subscription video-on-demand over-the-top (OTT) streaming service, the WWE Network, in 2014.
WWE has many subsidiaries in the field of multimedia like film, music, magazines, and the professional wrestling school system.
Expensive Possessions of Vince
Apart from wrestling, Vince co-owned and operated a football league – XFL. He is co-owner of the clothing brand Tapout.
Some of his other expensive possessions include a Limousine, a private jet, Yacht, a huge lavish Connecticut Mansion, a Bentley worth 160,000 pounds, and a WWE Race car.
Vince is the eldest member of the McMahon family who is alive and involved in the family business of the wrestling industry.
Stay connected to this space for more latest news and updates!