2020 was a year marked by major innovations at Instagram, as well as some intriguing new Instagram data. Instagram has released a slew of tools to enable businesses to market. And sell directly from the app, making it much more than a photo-sharing platform. In this article, we’ve discussed some interesting Instagram Stats.
It’s critical to know the most up-to-date information regarding Instagram as you prepare your marketing strategy for 2021. We’ve listed all of the most critical Instagram analytics you should be aware of this year to ensure you’re dealing with the correct data.
Top Instagram Stats that Everyone should Know
Over the years, Instagram’s user base has expanded tremendously, and it is constantly expanding. Now that Instagram has evolved from a place where tourists go to share their photographs from their trip, it has become a paradise for companies, influencers, and advertising of all types.
If your target audience is using Instagram, you can bet your rivals are, too. Keeping up with Instagram trends (and, yeah, did we forget to add, algorithm adjustments) may be a challenge at times. While your ideal consumers may be reading through their Instagram feeds right now, marketers should consider how and why they should be visible on the platform.
Here’s the top Instagram Stats you’ll be interested to know about.
1. Instagram Growth
Instagram has grown tremendously in the last decade. Even you also have been more active recently. Let’s have a look at its growth stats.
- In May 2021, Instagram has over 1 billion monthly active users.
- Instagram is expected to have 107 million U.S. users by 2021 end of, and rise to approximately 126 million by 2023.
- In the year 2021, 40% of American adults have used Instagram. Pinterest, Linked In, and Twitter each have a smaller share of the market. Facebook and YouTube are the only other two well-known social media platforms.
- In 2019, Instagram produced an ad income of $20 billion. Facebook acquired Instagram for $1 billion in 2012.
2. Instagram Reach
Nowadays, even kids use Instagram. So, it’s not a lie to say that Instagram is the most reached site worldwide. Let’s have a look at such stats.
- Instagram is used by 71% of American people between the ages of 18 and 29, compared to 70% on Facebook and 30% on LinkedIn.
- The average Instagram user in the United States makes over $75,000 a year.
- In October 2020, there were 510 million female Instagram users and 490 million male Instagram users.
- Instagram is the favored social media site for 57 million American youths, with 72 percent of those using it.
- Every day, Instagram Stories is used by more than 500 million users.
- Fans follow musicians on Facebook and Instagram to interact with one another or to feel like they are a part of a community.
3. Instagram Post Content
Here’s some post strategy for you to get some extra attention.
- Every second, Instagram users post 995 images.
- The average number of postings each week across all industries is four. In comparison to the previous year, the median posting frequency decreased by only 8%.
- When it comes to Likes on Instagram, images with people in them earn 38% more than ones without them.
- Images with a lot of negative space on Instagram get 29% more Likes than those with only a little bit of negative space on them.
- Photos with a prominent blue hue receive 24% more Likes on Instagram than images with a predominant red hue.
- In fact, according to the most recent Instagram data, the typical Instagram post has 10.7 hashtags.
- The number of likes on image posts was 27.55 percent higher than the number of likes on videos.
- Instagram images receive 23% more likes, comments, and shares than Facebook images.
- LA is the most geotagged city in the world, and Coachella in California has the highest geo-engagement rate.
4. Instagram Posting Strategy
Here are some posting stats for you.
- To get the most out of your Instagram posts, post on Thursday morning between the hours of 5 a.m. and 11 a.m. local time.
- A 79 percent increase in interaction is seen in postings that include a location tag.
- Twenty percent of those polled report using their business account to post to Instagram Stories many times each week.
- Instagram Stories is used to market products or services by 44% of users polled.
- Businesses account for one-third of the most popular Stories on Facebook.
More Interesting Instagram Stats and Facts
If the above stats are not enough for you, here are some more stats.
In the year 2020, Instagram celebrated its tenth anniversary.
Instagram went live on October 6, 2010, and by December of that year, a million individuals had signed up for an account.
A few months before the launch of Instagram, someone had posted their first photo to the social media platform. Co-creator Kevin Systrom shared an image of his test dog on Facebook on July 16, 2010.
2. With more than one billion monthly users, Instagram is the sixth most popular website worldwide.
Even though Instagram is predominantly utilized on mobile devices, the website still ranks within the top 10. The number of people who see your postings on a larger screen than you believe may be higher than you expect.
3. The most popular Google search term right now is “Instagram.”
Generic keywords like “weather” and “news” are among the top 10 most popular searches. Also in the top ten are companies like Facebook, Google, YouTube, and Amazon. These companies all rank higher than Instagram. However, given that Instagram is largely accessible through a mobile app, this is a strong showing for the service.
4. Among all smartphone apps, Instagram has the 4th-highest number of monthly users.
There is greater weight in this statistic than in website visits because Instagram is predominantly a mobile platform. Only Facebook, WhatsApp, and Facebook Messenger have more active mobile app users than Instagram.
5. Instagram’s gender split is quite even: 51% of users are female and 49% are male.
However, in the United States, women use Instagram at a far higher rate (43 percent) than males (31 percent ). Also, Instagram does not provide advertising statistics for any other gender than “female” or “male.”
That’s all guys. These are some major Instagram stats for you to get the most out of Instagram. Use this strategy and stats to gain the most out of it. If you have some other interesting facts about Instagram, do let us know in the comment section below. Also in case of any doubt, comment down below.