Maitland Ward is on her journey to discover herself, and she sure is making her own path for the same. We saw her as Rachel on Boy Meets World. The actress opened up about her career as an adult film star. Her book, Rated X: How Porn Liberated Me From Hollywood, will be released on the 6th of September, 2022.
“I am unapologetic about sex, but I think it’s me in my truth and everything. When I was young, I was so apologetic for so many years. I will never apologize anymore.”
Here’s everything to know.
Maitland Ward’s Book is All Set To Release
Maitland’s book is an Atria Books publication, a division of Simon & Schuster. The company made an announcement in the news in a press release about the book and also called the actress’s story “a steamy no-hold-barred memoir chronicling everything from her days on the classic soap, The bold and The Beautiful, to her stint on popular ABC/Disney sitcom Boy Meets World, to her meteoric rise to porn stardom, and why she decided to kiss mainstream Hollywood goodbye”.
The actress, too, has something to share about the release.
“This is one of the proudest moments of my career. I am so thrilled that I get to share my life and story in such a unique and impactful way. I am beyond grateful to Simon & Schuster and Atria Books for having belief in my writing and my voice.”
Maitland’s Fair Share of Acting
Her acting career started at a young age when she appeared as Jessica Forrester on The Bold and the Beautiful. The series aired from 1994 to 1996. It was her first-ever acting role, and Maitland was only 16. She was still studying in her junior high school, but her passion for acting convinced her to juggle.
She also appeared in guest-starring roles on USA High and the seventh season of Home Improvement. The actress shared the screen with other stars, Jay Thomas and Mario Lopez, to name a few.
What made her acting career more recognizable was her character of Rachel McGuire in the series Boy Meets World. It aired in 1998 and made the actress rise to popularity. At the beginning of the sixth season of the show, she became the main cast member. Boy Meets World ran successfully for two years after ending in 2000. But this was not the end of Maitland’s acting career.
She appeared in an independent film, Dish Dogs. Maitland also starred in a comedy movie, White Chicks, in 2004.
Her Transition from Hollywood to Adult Film Industry
Maitland surprised her fans after she announced entering the adult film industry. She stated that shifting from Hollywood to the adult film industry was not her overnight decision. The actress made a conscious choice after thinking about it for a long time. She took baby steps and planned everything accordingly.
Her Debut in the Porn Industry
Maitland Ward ventured into the porn industry slowly and steadily.
She began by posting her nude and topless photographs on the social media platforms like Snapchat and Instagram in mid-2013. It gathered her a massive fan following. Afterward, in April 2016, Maitland posted her first-ever series of nude pictures on the social media platform.
It was her bare body painted for Luciano Paesani for a Los Angeles Exhibition called Living Art.
Finally, in 2019, the actress took her Instagram and made an announcement about performing in an adult movie called Drive. This movie was a drastic career shift for her. While some of her fans didn’t welcome the idea of her debuting in the porn industry, Maitland landed support from many others, including her Boy Meets World co-star, Trina McGee.
Maitland signed with the adult talent agency Society 15 in May 2019 and stated she was approached by pornographic actress and director Kayden Kross and was just taken aback by the proposition of performing in the porn industry.
In one of her interviews following her new career choice, the actress stated,
“It’s been an evolution. It’s all been my authentic journey because everything that I have done along the way is something I wanted to explore and do. I just did it publicly for my fans that is the exhibitionist style of me.”
She also stated that her shift from the mainstream Hollywood career to the adult entertainment industry freed her from the pressure usually faced by women of her age in the industry. She highlighted how a woman of her age fears that her career has come to an end after she hits the middle age bar, while for men, staying around forever is appreciated.
“Hollywood is very hard on aging, but I have felt less of that stigma in porn.”
Some Lesser-Known Things about Maitland Ward
- Maitland Ward has appeared in a few independent movies. Throughout her career, she had been a well-regarded actress by her co-stars and critics. She also marked her appearance in a few television shows as a guest star.
- The actress has also been a cosplayer. Her first cosplay role was Princess Leia.
- Since her debut in the adult film industry, she has been one of the most searched names on adult websites. Since October 2019, her name has been searched for over 1.7 million on PornHub alone. Once upon a time, her per day search count went up to a whopping 5,000.
- The actress has always been passionate about her acting. But Maitland’s parents were never keen on this idea. They did not allow her to take up acting at such a young age.
- Maitland has a patron account where she entertains 500 patrons on her page. They are divided into several tiers based on how much they pay per month. The platform can pay as little as $15 for the lowest.
- The porn star also collected two nominations for the AVN awards. One for the Best Three-Way Sex Scene and the other for the Best Supporting Actress. AVN Awards are touted as the Oscars of Porn.
- Maitland Ward is equally famous on OnlyFans. According to her, she makes five figures a month on this subscription site.
What are your thoughts on Maitland Wand’s shift from mainstream Hollywood to the porn industry? Tell us in the comments below. Keep in touch for more.