Santos Saúl Álvarez Barragán popularly known as Canelo Álvarez is a Mexican professional boxer with an estimated net worth of $190 million as of 2022. He has won several world championships in four weight classes.
Álvarez created history as the first and only boxer to become the undisputed champion in the super middleweight category.
We will cover everything you need to know about Canelo Álvarez including his net worth details in our article below. Read on.
- Canelo Alvarez is ranked eighth on the list of the World’s Highest-Paid Athletes with earnings of $90 million in 2021. The list was released by Forbes in May 2022.
- Alvarez earned approximately $85 million last year from his fights against Billy Joe Saunders and Caleb Plant.
- Off the court, he entered into an attractive partnership deal with Hennessy and he is also the owner of a taco restaurant in his native Mexico.
- Last year during an interview with Graham Bensinger, Alvarez disclosed that he was earning around $20 million a year from his investments in real estate.
- Alvarez further revealed that he is planning to open 90 to 100 gas stations in Mexico.
Initial Days of Career
Álvarez began boxing at the age of 13 after he saw his older brother Rigoberto make his debut as a professional boxer. He won the silver medal at the Junior Mexican National Championships in 2004 which was held in Sinaloa.
Next year he became the Junior Mexican National Boxing Champion in Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Chiapas by creating a record of 44–2 with 12 knockouts.
Earnings from his Boxing Career
El Canelo Alvarez made his debut as a professional boxer in 2005. His first 22 fights were held in several Mexican cities and the last one in 2008.
As his career progressed, Canelo’s earnings have also increased proportionately. He used to make anywhere between 1-5 million dollars per fight in 2011. He made 5 million dollars during his famous fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr. in 2013.
His earnings slowly climbed to hit a new record of 20 million dollars in 2016 when he knocked down Amir Khan.
For a long period of time, Alvarez was unbeaten after the Mayweather loss. Canelo earned most of his net worth through his professional career in boxing.
Saul “Canelo” Alvarez’s fight record includes 61 fights in his boxing career, however, the boxer himself has disclosed that it should be somewhere around 70. His record does not include around 8 to 10 fights he fought as a professional.
Pact with DAZN
The boxing star entered into a pact with DAZN for a term of five years in 2018 that was reported to be worth around $365 million. This deal was the biggest ever in his career however it was canceled after two years because of some disagreement. He again resurrected the agreement in 2022 for a three-fight deal.
The Mexican fighter, just before he faced Caleb Plant in Nov 2021 said, “I have 56, one loss and two draws. There are another 10 or eight (fights) that I fought in Mexico that didn’t appear on my record”.
Below is the exhaustive list of Canelo Alvarez’s cars which proves his deep passion for cars.
- Mercedez SLS AMG
- Lamborghini Aventador Roadster
- Mustang 500 Eleanor
- Ferrari Testarossa
- Lamborghini Gallardo
- Nissan GTR
- Mustang Shelby GT500
- Ferrari 458 Italia
- Mercedes Benz G63 AMG
- Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 edition Ferrari
- Bugatti Chiron
- Rolls Royce Ghost
- Porsche 911 GT3
- McLaren P1
- AMG C64 Biturbo
Stay connected to our portal as we share with you more such articles!