Snapchat is one of the most used social media platforms out there. It is not similar to other platforms and can take a while to get used to the features. But when you know all the features, it is a good place to connect with your loved ones.
You can send or upload snaps for your friends to check what you are currently doing. And those snaps can be seen only once or twice, according to your settings. But sometimes you may face the issue of Snapchat Pending error. You must be thinking, what does Pending mean on Snapchat. In this article, we’ll explain the meaning of “Pending message”, what causes it, and how you can solve it.
What Does “Pending” Mean on Snapchat?
In the Chat tab, beneath a friend’s name on their profile, and in a message or conversation, a Snapchat “pending” label can appear. The pending message that you see means that the message you sent is not delivered.
It’s different from a general error message as in this error, the app will keep trying to deliver the message until it’s received or you actively delete the message at your end.
What Causes this Issue?
Now that you know does pending means on Snapchat, it’s important to know the reasons behind this error. There is no single reason, but multiple reasons. Let’s have a look at them.
- Your friend request has not been accepted by your friend – Before you send a message to a user, the recipient must confirm a friend request.
- You’ve been unfriended by the person – If you were ever Snapchat friends, the user may have opted to reduce the number of people they follow.
- You’ve been blocked by your friend – It’s possible that someone has blocked you on Snapchat and this is why you have a pending message. When someone blocks you on Snapchat, that person will not get any message or snaps from you.
- There’s no internet connection on your smartphone or tablet right now – While offline, Snapchat displays a “Waiting to send” pending message that will not be sent until your phone is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
- Snapchat has blocked your account – Snapchat may limit your app’s functioning if you’ve harassed other users or broken the company’s policies.
- The Snapchat app had an unexpected bug – There may be a bug or a technical problem with the app.
- Snapchat may be down – Snapchat may be unavailable for a short period.
How Long Will a Message Stay Pending?
Until the issues that caused the Snapchat message to get pending are resolved, it will remain pending. As an example, if your message is pending because you don’t have an online connection, the message will be delivered after the internet connection is restored. Similarly, if the message is pending because you are blocked, the message gets sent after you have been unblocked.
Now, I think you know what does pending means on Snapchat. Also, the different reasons behind its occurrence. You can check which one is causing the issue for you. And, as soon as the issue is resolved, you’ll be able to send the message.