HomeNewsTikTok Introduces New ‘Series’ Paywall Feature, Know How to Use It

TikTok Introduces New ‘Series’ Paywall Feature, Know How to Use It

TikTok has come up with a new feature in a bid to increase the earnings of the creators on the platform. Named ‘Series,’ the paywall feature will enable content creators to earn money by charging their fans in exchange for access to their videos.

Creators can choose to price their content as per their own choice and will be given 100% of the revenue in the initial phase. Continue reading to know more about the feature and learn how to use it.

TikTok Introduces ‘Series’ Paywall Feature

With the Series feature, influencers can create ‘collections of premium content’. The collection can include up to 80 videos, which can be a maximum of 20 minutes long. In contrast, the current maximum length allowed for a video is 10 minutes.

With Series, the short-video-sharing platform is also venturing into longer forms of content. A collection can be priced between 99 cents to $189.99. Users will need to pay the amount set by the creator to view their premium content.

“From the top collection of must-know spreadsheet shortcuts to the most effective workouts or the latest baked oats recipe, the diverse range of valuable and entertaining content on TikTok has quickly become a part of a billion people’s lives around the world,” said the platform.

“Today we’re introducing Series, a new way for creators to share their stories, talents and creativity as premium content while further deepening their connection with the TikTok community,” they added.

How to Use the ‘Series’ Feature on TikTok?

The feature has currently been rolled out to select creators only. TikTok plans to launch Series to more influencers in the upcoming months. Followers can get access to the premium content by making a purchase through direct in-video links or the creator’s profile.

The platform has said that creators would get 100% of their earnings for a ‘limited time’. “Creators can select how much their Series should cost that best reflects the value of their exclusive content, which can be purchased for access via direct in-video links or through a creator’s profile,” TikTok explained.

“Through Series, creators can build even stronger relationships with their viewers while also giving viewers another way to support creators.” Previously, the only way a creator could earn on the platform was through the Creator Fund, which relied on Live gifts sent by the viewers, which could be converted into real money.

“Series joins our growing range of monetization solutions as we continue to build new ways for creators to feel valued and rewarded as they inspire and engage our community,” said the platform.

YouTube Recently Launched Revenue-Sharing Program for Shorts

TikTok’s launch of Series comes just a month after YouTube announced a revenue-sharing program for Shorts, its short-video-based content. The Alphabet-owned company allocated 45% of ad revenue generated from Shorts to its creator. 

The YouTuber will be paid based on ‘their share of the total number of Shorts views every 30 days’ out of their 45% share. For longer videos, 55% as-revenue share goes to the creator, while the rest 45% is paid to the platform.

What are your thoughts on TikTok’s ‘Series’ feature? Tell us in the comments section.

A passionate writer who loves to cover Pop Culture, Celebs, Films and TV shows. When not writing, you can find me trekking, singing, and binge-watching.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular