In this contemporary world, it has become difficult to live without social media platforms. These platforms have made the world a smaller place. People connect on these platforms from all over the world. With such a large connection, people link some platforms in such a way that if you post on one platform, the other platform will publish the same post.
Sound’s cool isn’t it? Not really. It can be frustrating at times. You would want to keep both the social media platforms separate. If you have mistakenly linked platforms like Facebook and Instagram, then you have to go through a number of steps to unlink them.
In this article, we’ll tell you how to unlink Facebook and Instagram.
How to Unlink Instagram and Facebook?
Disconnecting your Facebook and Instagram accounts is simple if you’ve changed your mind about cross-posting and would rather keep both social medial accounts separate. We’ll show you how to accomplish it on your computer and your phone.
Your accounts will not be deleted or changed if you disconnect them from each other. You just cease receiving shared experiences and cannot publish to the other platform at once. You may re-synchronize your accounts whenever you want. Here’s how to unlink Facebook and Instagram on your PC and Mobile phone.
Unlink Instagram and Facebook from Mobile
If you have an account on one of Facebook, Instagram, or Messenger, you probably have accounts on the others as well. There is also a possibility of maintaining two Instagram accounts, one of which might be secret and the other could be public.
Connecting your accounts might make it simpler to log in and out of many services. However, it merely takes a few clicks to unlink the accounts, making it easier to safeguard your personal information. Here’s how you can do it from a mobile phone.
- Open the Instagram App on your mobile device.
- In the bottom right corner of the Instagram app on your iOS or Android smart device, touch your profile option.
- Select the Menu option (three vertical lines on iOS, three dots on Android) in the top right corner.
- Tap on “settings”.
- Open the “Accounts Center”.
- Go to “Accounts and Profiles”.
- Select the account that you want to unlink.
- Tap on “Remove from Accounts Center”.
- A confirmation message will pop up on the screen. Tap on “Continue”.
- Select the Remove button to unlink the account.
Unlink Instagram and Facebook from the PC
By using a web browser, Instagram users may simply and quickly unlink their accounts. Your first step should be to open Instagram’s official website. To disconnect your accounts, follow these steps on the official site:
- Open the profile section on Instagram by clicking the profile button at the top right of the screen.
- From the list of options, open “Settings”.
- Move your cursor to the bottom left of the page and click the blue ‘Accounts Center’ link there.
- In the left-hand sidebar, choose “Accounts.”
- Select your Facebook profile, and then select “Remove.”
How to Remove Instagram Posts From Facebook
There are now two options available to you if you want to delete your existing Instagram posts from your Facebook page. The first is to manually remove all of your Instagram photographs from your Facebook album. If you have a lot of photographs, this might take a while.
Secondly, there’s also the option of erasing them through the Activity log. Here, Facebook displays all of the actions (likes, shares, comments, tags, and posts) that you and other users have had with your timeline.
In order to remove your Instagram content from Facebook, go to your Activity Log and follow the instructions there.
- On your profile, tap on the “Ellipsis” icon.
- Go to the “Activity Log” menu.
- In the area labelled “Your Posts,” click “Manage Your Posts.”
- Select “Categories” from the Filters menu.
- Categories allow you to narrow down your search. Tap on Posts from other applications.
All of your cross-app sharing will be shown. Select all of the Instagram photos and videos and select Trash from the menu that appears. After 30 days, Facebook will automatically shift all the posts to the trash and delete them.
Benefits of Keeping Instagram and Facebook Accounts Separate
The primary benefit of unlinking your Instagram from Facebook is that you’ll have two completely different profiles. It will be easier to discover and follow new individuals without constant suggestions from Facebook.
If you disconnect Instagram from your Facebook account, Facebook will no longer share comparable information about you with your Facebook friends.
Finally, if you want to devote more time to each social media network, you may consider unlinking your Instagram and Facebook accounts. In doing so, you can better filter the material you want to share with your followers on each site and reduce the likelihood of sharing the same article on both networks.
I hope now you know how to unlink Facebook from Instagram. Linking and unblinking both social media accounts have their pros and cons. It is up to you whether you want your accounts linked or not. Based on that options, you can link/unlink your Facebook from Instagram from the above steps.