Apple Watch is one of the handiest devices made by the company. It makes life easy for the person wearing it. From phone notifications to health-related features, everything can be found on your wrist. Usually, there is no need to switch on or off your Apple Watch, but, just like iPhones, it can be turned on and off.
Practically speaking, I’ve never switched off my Apple Watch. It is the first time I am doing this is to write this article. If you want to turn it off and on too, I can help you with that. In this article, we’ll discuss how to turn off Apple Watch.
How to Turn Off Apple Watch Easily?
Turning off your Apple Watch isn’t something you do every day. However, if you find yourself needing to restart or force-restart your Apple Watch, here’s how you can do it.
- On the side of your Apple Watch, press and hold the button for 3 seconds.
- You’ll see three options on the screen i.e. Power Off, Medical ID, and Emergency SOS.
- To turn off your Apple Watch, slide the power off button to the right.
Note – You can’t turn off your Apple Watch while it’s charging, according to the Apple Watch user guide. Before following these instructions, disconnect it from the charger.
How to Turn On Apple Watch?
Now, that you have turned your Apple watch off, it is important to turn it on. Make sure that the Apple Watch has enough battery. So, here are the steps for that.
- Tap and hold the Side button, which is present on the side of the device, until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
- The watch may take some time to completely start, but once it is started, you’ll see the Watch’s face. Also, if you have set a passcode, you need to enter that as well.
How to Force Restart Apple Watch?
There are instances where you may need to restart your Apple Watch. When your watch has stuck while updating or anything else, you need to restart it. Here’s how you can do it easily.
- If your Apple Watch is not responding, either on touch or using buttons, just press the side button and Digital Crown simultaneously. Hold it for some seconds.
- After holding for 10 seconds, release the buttons after you see the Apple logo on the screen.
That’s pretty simple, right? You can also restart or switch on/off your Apple watch using the simple above-mentioned steps. Also, in case of any doubt, do let us know in the comment section below.