Are you willing to sell your smartphone or give it to a new user? Maybe your usage is demanding a powerful smartphone. No matter whatever the case be, sometimes it is recommended to hard reset android and get back to the condition when it was the first time you turned it on, and this post is all about that.
In this article, we are going to discuss how to hard reset an android phone. So, let’s begin.
A Word of Advice
At first, you must know how to get out of the way. Doing a hard reset of android will erase all your information and get the software, and applications back to their original state. This will lead all apps and data stored on your device to be deleted. Please check that all the important files and personal data must be backed up before going through this process.
Try to See Some Alternative Solutions First
We all know a fresh start of a device can be a struggle. The backup process is not so simple, and re-inserting all your personal data can take a lot of time. This is why we recommend, first try to find a simpler solution before going to hard reset android.
At last, if none of the solutions work, you can go with a soft reset or perform a restart, which won’t erase all your data. If you left with no troubleshooting method and need a hard reset of android, then keep going through this post.
How to Hard Reset Android Phone?
If you don’t have any option other than resetting your device, then the below-mentioned are two working ways to hard reset an android phone.
Hard Reset Android Through Settings
If you are final at your decision to hard reset android, the easiest way to perform it is through the Settings app. Here’s how:
- Make sure the smartphone is left in order and has enough battery capacity that can survive through the reset process.
- Open Settings app
- Choose system
- Select advanced from the menu
- Click on the Backup and Reset option
- Select erase all data(Hard reset)
- Enter the PIN if asked
- Select Erase all data and leave the phone undisturbed.
That’s it. You will have a completely new smartphone with you.
Hard Reset Android Through Recovery Mode
Some users might face difficulty or not be able to perform hard reset through settings. For them, there is an alternative way to hard reset android.
- Switch off the phone.
- Press and hold the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
keep pressing until the screen starts.
- Screen with words “start” indicating at the power button, text, and navigations written instruction will appear.
- You can use the power button to make a selection and values volume keys to navigate.
Keep hitting the volume down button until you find recovery mode.
- Use the power button to select it.
- The phone will restart.
- Again, press and hold the power button, then press the volume up button while still holding the power button
- Use volume buttons to highlight white data/factory(Hard) reset
- To select the option, press the power button
- Confirm it by selecting yes and leave the phone undisturbed
- Once done, select the reboot system now.
So, this was all about how to hard reset android phone. In case, you are still left with any doubt or suggestions, feel free to use the comment section. Moreover, don’t forget to share your feedback.