Twitter, one of the most successful and popular social networking platforms, might be approaching its end. If it’s really the end of Twitter, you can save your data including all your Tweets by learning how to download your Twitter Archive.
Elon Musk’s takeover of Twitter and his bizarre actions has triggered the downfall of the platform. Many of the users are actually happy that the blue bird app could be gone for good while others who were really used to it are concerned at this time.
Regardless of whether Twitter could be dying or will survive this massive wave of instability, it’s good to know the procedure to download all your data from the platform.
What is Twitter Archive?
The Twitter Archive is the copy or backup of all your data on Twitter including Tweets, messages, GIFs, and other sorts of data. It even includes the personal information that you have entered on the platform.
You can find all of your Tweets and thoughts in the Archive, starting from the first Tweet. It would be very helpful for you if Twitter actually shuts down amidst concerning times triggered by the new owner Elon Musk.
How to Download your Twitter Archive?
Any Twitter user can download their Archive and go through all of their data easily. Here’s the procedure to download your Twitter Archive in the quickest manner:
- Log in to your Twitter account in a browser on a PC.
- Once logged in, click on the “More” icon in the navigation bar and choose “Your Account” to enter your account settings.
- Now find and click on “Download an archive of your data.”
- Next, enter your Twitter password in the given box under “Download an archive of your data,” and then click on “Confirm.”
- Next, you’ll have to verify your identity by clicking on “Send code.”
- Check your email address or phone number, find the code, and enter it in the given column.
- Once your identity has been verified, click on the “Request Data” button.
- Twitter will send you an email to the registered address when the data is available to download. You will also receive a push notification in the app.
- Alternatively, you can go to Settings and click on the Download data button present in the Download data section.
- Hit the Download button in the email and wait patiently for the file to download.
Once done, your Twitter Archive (Backup of all the data) will be present in your device .Zip file format. You can access it using any archiver and see everything you have done on the platform.
What is included in your Twitter Archive data?
Your Twitter Archive data includes everything related to you on Twitter. This includes your profile information, Tweets, Direct Messages (DMs), Moments, and even your media such as images, videos, and GIFs you have attached anywhere.
The data also includes a list of your followers, a list of accounts that you are following, your address book, Lists that you’ve created, are a member of, or follow, interest, and demographic information.
It also includes information about ads you have seen or engaged with on Twitter. If you are someone who has written some things on Twitter or have posted some pictures only there, downloading the Archive is a must.
What do you think about the future of Twitter?