Even the ringtones provided by Apple for the iPhone might get stale after a while. Ringtone may irritate you at some time. As a result, changing your ringtone is preferred. The process to change your ringtone on Apple iPhone is pretty simple and it only takes some seconds.
So, if you are also irritated with your ring tone, you are at the right place. We will help you out. In this article, we’ll discuss how to change the ringtone on iPhone.
How To Change Ringtone on iPhone in 2022?
Apple offers a ton of ringtones for you to choose from. Some websites tell you that you can set custom ringtones on iPhone. honestly, that is possible but it takes immense efforts and tweaks. There is no official way to set custom ringtones on your iPhone. We’ll only discuss the official way here. So, follow the below steps.
- On your iPhone, head on the Settings app.
- In the list of options, tap on “Sounds and Haptics”.
- In the “Sounds and Vibration Patterns”, tap on “Ringtone”.
- Select a ringtone from the Ringtone screen. You’ll be able to hear the sound of each ringtone on which you tap.
- Many Preloaded ringtones are available on the iPhone. Click on Tone Store to browse and purchase new ringtones.
- Alert tones are tones that are used for alarms and notifications. But these tones can be used as ring tones.
- Tap the checkbox next to the ringtone you wish to set as your default after examining all ringtones.
- After you have selected your ringtone, tap on the home button. The ringtone will get saved automatically.
A default ringtone will be played whenever you receive a call unless you have specifically assigned different ringtones to different callers. If you have assigned a particular ringtone for a contact, that will play instead of the default ringtone.
How To Set a Ringtone For Specific Contact?
If you want a specific ringtone for some specific person, you can do so. Just follow the below steps and you are good to go.
- On your iPhone, open “Contacts”.
- Select the contact of which you want to choose a ringtone.
- On the contact page, tap on “Edit”.
- Now, tap on “Ringtone”.
- Among all the ringtones that appear, select the ring tone which you want for that contact.
- After selection, tap on “Done”.
Now every time that person calls you up, that particular ringtone will buzz. So, you’ll get to know whos calling. That’s how you can change your ringtone on your iPhone. I hope this article on “how to change ringtone on iPhone” helped you. In case of any doubt, do let us know.