Being a TikToker can be a full-time career or another source of passive income. TikTok is actually paying creators for their videos but how much does it pay? If you’ve been wondering this, we are going to share with you the average earnings of TikTokers.
It isn’t peanuts or enough to build a mansion for an average user but will get better once you are able to build a massive audience. Recently, TikTok has also rolled out Creator Next, which is an opt-in campaign aiming to help creators with monetization tools.
TikTok has been putting in efforts to aid the creators in earning money. And, some of them are literally bagging in millions of dollars. Let’s quickly move further to find out how much is TikTok paying creators for views on their videos.
How Much does TikTok pay per view on a Video?
TikTok has enjoyed massive growth in a comparatively shorter span of time than other apps. The good thing is that the platform didn’t refrain from sharing the success with creators on the platform.
Initially, TikTok wasn’t paying any money to creators for the videos. Users had to use the fame to find other sources of earnings like brand deals, promotions, etc. But now, TikTok is paying real money to creators for views on their videos via the “Creator Fund” every month.
TikTok pays between 2 to 4 cents per 1,000 views on a video. The payout varies depending on certain factors that aren’t disclosed by TikTok publicly. That’s why different creators receive different payouts despite having a similar number of views.
However, not every TikTok user gets paid for the views. To become eligible, a user must apply for the TikTok “Creator Fund” and get accepted.
How much money do viral TikTok videos make?
Have you ever wondered how much money do the viral TikTok videos make? If you’ve been expecting a lot, then you might be a bit disappointed. As we know from the sources that TikTok pays around 2 and 4 cents per 1,000 views on a TikTok video.
And, as we know that viral TikTok videos receive millions of views. So, a TikTok video with a million views earns around $20 to $40. You can now calculate the earnings of videos with millions and billions of views.
As an example, Zach King’s Harry Potter Illusion video gained over 2.2 billion views. It means the video earned him around $90,000. Successful TikTokers are generating massive figures with their TikTok videos. But for average users, it isn’t a lot.
More Ways for Earning on TikTok
Apart from this, there are multiple other ways where you can earn money on TikTok. However, TikTok itself doesn’t pay you for this, but the fans, brands, and other sources will be the source of income.
The popular ways from which TikTokers can earn include Tips, Live Gifts, Affiliate Marketing, and Brand Collaborations on TikTok.
1. Tips: Fans can now send tips to their favorite creators. TikTok charges a small processing fee for the sender and doesn’t take any commission from the creator.
2. Creator Marketplace: It is a platform by TikTok where brands can meet suitable influencers, and influencers can find the brands from their niche.
3. Video/Live Gifts: Fans can send Gifts to their favorite creators on their Live streams and videos. Creators will earn diamonds from them which can be converted into coins, and then get real money. 2 Diamonds convert to 1 Coin (This means TikTok takes 50% commission from the Diamonds).
4. Brand Collaborations/Sponsorships: If you have a huge audience base, the brand will connect with you to promote their products/services. They’ll pay massive figures to market their items. This is the major source of income for most of the TikTokers. It is also known as Influencer Marketing.
5. Affiliate Marketing: You can share and promote certain products and services through your videos and live streams on TikTok. Your goal is to inspire the viewer to make a purchase through your affiliate link. When they do it, you will receive a commission.
6. Selling Merchandise: Creators will also be able to make and sell their products (official merchandise) on TikTok via Teespring, which is a custom products e-commerce platform. You can also use other platforms like Shopify, Magento, etc for this purpose. You will need a humongous fan following to make money using this method.
Can you make a financially successful career on TikTok?
Yes, it is actually possible to have a financially successful career on TikTok. However, it isn’t easy or free money. You’ll have to put in a lot of effort to create valuable videos that your viewers would love watching. Less than a percent of TikTokers get viral with luck.
I’m deleting my other social media & focusing on my TikTok career.
— Bad Dope ❤️🔥 (@KeepnUpWthKells) January 4, 2022
The rest of them have been trying to make that one viral video for years. If you want to earn real money from TikTok, you must possess the passion to make quality short videos, have a personality to influence the fans, and use all the monetization tools available on the platform.
Not everyone is able to earn from TikTok but the smart TikTokers are collecting huge profits every month. Your goal should be to move from average to smart gradually.