Apple has decided to finally drop iTunes in the latest macOS Catalina update. Thus, it is the right time to look for the best iTunes alternative for your MacBook or Windows PC in 2022. Although they haven’t yet announced what happens to iTunes on Windows, its fate would be the same.
In the new macOS Catalina update, three separate apps- namely Apple Music, Apple TV, and Podcasts have replaced iTunes. Finder has been given the responsibility for iPhone management.
This definitely ups the hassle of managing different features from different apps. Also, the people habitual to iTunes are already missing it. So, here are the 10 best iTunes alternatives for MacBooks and Windows computers for an iTunes-esque experience.
You can use these for managing your iPhone, listening to music, playing videos, and other features that you previously used iTunes for.
MusicBee is a widely popular replacement for iTunes if you are looking for a cool music player. It is fast, simple to use, stylish, and does the tasks perfectly. You will get an excellent music streaming experience with a long list of advanced features, including the 15 band equalizer.
- Stylish yet simple UI.
- Tons of features.
- Seamless music streaming.
- Not works well with multiple file transfer.
Get MusicBee Free
2. WALTR Pro
WALTR Pro is the perfect iTunes alternative if you regularly have to transfer files to your iPhone, iPad, or other devices. It is able to automatically change the file format to make it compatible with your device. You can also choose to transfer files according to the app’s destination.
- Hassle-free file transfers.
- Makes files compatible with your device.
- Supports iMessages.
- Not available for free.
- WiFi transfers take a bit of time to complete.
Get WALTR Pro– Single License: $29.95 & Family License: $59.95
AnyTrans is the perfect iTunes alternative to back up the data of your iPhone. It allows you to back up all the data and encrypt it for additional security. It even supports older iPhones like iPhone 3GS to this date. There are WiFi & USB transfers but data is stored locally.
- Schedules AirBackup.
- Easy to use.
- Available in 7 languages.
- Not able to add or edit iTunes library.
Get AnyTrans– Single License: $39.99 & Family License: $59.99
Tidal is another replacement for iTunes if you want an amazing music streaming service. It ensures high-quality streaming for different packages. The higher you are paying, the better you’ll receive. The only downside of the app is the unavailability of podcasts.
- Excellent music streaming quality.
- A very appealing UI.
- Compatible with music videos.
- Not compatible with podcasts.
Get Tidal– 320 Kbps: $9.99/month & Lossless High Fidelity: $19.99/month.
5. Vox Media Player
Vox Media Player is another simple yet seamless music player for Mac users that serves as a perfect iTunes replacement. You can use it to listen to your favorite songs in brilliant quality. It supports additional formats like FLAC, M4A, APE, and CUE, along with the traditional MP3 & MP4.
- Supports multiple file formats.
- Supports 30,000+ radio stations.
- You can stream music via YouTube, SoundCloud, etc.
- Pricing is based on the subscription model.
Get Vox Player– Free & $4.99/Month.
MediaMonkey is the perfect iTunes alternative for Windows users to organize the music library. It is a robust and dynamic media player that integrates tons of useful features. You can also customize it according to your needs.
- Simple & customizable UI.
- Compatible with multiple formats.
- Updates library and video collection automatically.
- UI might seem outdated to some users.
- Only available for Windows.
Get MediaMonkey Free
7. DearMob iPhone Manager
DearMob iPhone Manager is a dynamic tool to manage media and music, transfer files, and create automatic backups on your iOS devices. This tool brings all the features of iTunes into a single bundle.
- Feature-rich app.
- Allows you to encrypt data.
- Seamlessly transfers data.
- Heavy user interface.
- A bit expensive than other apps.
Get DearMob iPhone Manager– Free Trial or 2 Licenses: $47.95
Fidelia is a fabulous music player available for macOS. This robust player will make sure that you never miss iTunes even once with its highest possible audio quality. It also features a stylish interface that purely focuses on music.
- Supports 64-bit audio unit plugins.
- Supports all contemporary audio file formats.
- Offers the highest sound quality.
- New users may feel stuck at the UI.
Get Fidelia for $29.95
9. WinX MediaTrans
Winx MediTrans is one more iTunes alternative for Windows that offers fast and smooth transfer of media files between your PC and iOS devices. It also offers automatic photo backup, music management with dual music transfer, and many more useful features.
- Fast & efficient media transfer.
- Able to encrypt media including videos.
- Clean and simple UI.
- A bit expensive considering other alternatives.
Get Winx MediaTrans– Free Trial or $35.95
CopyTrans is a simple yet effective data manager to transfer files from your iOS device to Windows PC. It also allows you to backup your data, including your playlists. You can also customize the iPhone music library backup easily.
- Compatible with almost any iOS device.
- Easily manage all types of files including notes, calendars, etc.
- It is not able to import data from iPhone.
- The UI may seem a bit complicated to some users.
Get CopyTrans Free.
These are the top 10 best iTunes alternatives for Mac and Windows. You can use these since iTunes has become obsolete in the latest update. Let us know what do you think will be the perfect replacement among these.