Instagram is a terrific platform for showcasing your photography and videography abilities. When it comes to photo and video quality, Instagram is a better option than any other social networking platform.
Stories also allow you to post high-quality photographs and videos. Even when the original picture or video quality is high, some Instagram users have noticed that their stories seem blurry. This incident doesn’t occur very commonly but is a very serious issue, especially for influencers.
This problem exists for a number of reasons. Don’t worry, we’ll help you out. Having received complaints from our readers, we investigated the issue and discovered the root causes and remedies to the problem.
In this article, we’ll discuss the issue of Instagram stories getting blurred and possible fixes for the issue.
Why Are Your Instagram Stories Blurry?
There is no mention from the officials of Instagram regarding this issue. There can be several reasons behind the problem. Instagram often experiences outages and malfunctions due to its large global user base.
Most probably, there’s nothing wrong at your end, it’s just server problems at the company’s end. It’s a pain, but there’s nothing you can do about it. There’s no easy remedy to get your app working again.
For now, it seems that Instagram’s IT staff has been tasked with solving this problem. As a result, things should be back to normal in the next few hours. This is the first case.
On the other hand, if the issue is not resolved, the problem could be at your end only. There are many things behind the issue. Some of them are discussed here.
- Some of the photographs and videos on your phone may have been corrupted during the process of backup.
- The Internet is not stable (most common issue)
- Instagram has lowered the quality of photos while uploading.
- The Instagram app is outdated
- The quality settings of photo and video on the Instagram app has been changed.
How to Fix Blurry Stories Issue on Instagram?
Now that we have discussed the reasons behind the issue of blurry stories, let us move on to the solution part. Please note that you have to use all the solutions and check which one works out for you.
1. Check Your Internet Connection
If you have a bad internet connection, the content may seem blurry. The reason could be slow mobile data or a sluggish WiFi network. Instagram will decrease the quality of your stories if you have a sluggish Internet connection when posting them.
Your stories will seem okay while uploading, but the quality will deteriorate after the upload is completed if the internet is the issue. Using mobile data instead of WiFi while uploading is always a good option. First, make sure you have a fast enough internet connection. If you don’t have one, either try a different data plan or you have to wait for the stories to stop being low quality.
2. Update the App
When your smartphone is connected to a WiFi network, the App store will perform automatic updates. This doesn’t always work, and the app won’t always automatically update. Your stories may seem blurry if you are using an older version of the Instagram app.
So, if you want to post the greatest quality articles, you should download the current version of the app as soon as possible. Here’s how you can do it.
- On your device, open Google PlayStore / App Store depending on the operating system.
- Search for Instagram in the search bar.
- Take a look to see if there is an “Update” option. If yes, press “Update”.
- Wait for the app to get updated.
- Post to your Instagram Story again after the update.
- Check if the issue is resolved. If not, try the next solution.
3. Use Instagram Camera
See, the camera app on your phone could be fantastic, but it might be a problem too. To be more explicit, your default camera app is configured to snap the best possible photo. It signifies an image with great resolution and pixels.
Instagram enables you to post the stories in the finest possible resolution, but there is a limit to it too. This implies if the photo is larger than it is meant to be, then Instagram will automatically make it blurry by Lowering the resolution.
To prevent these difficulties, use the Instagram camera since it is adjusted according to the demand of the app. In simple terms, the Instagram camera shoots an image in a suitable format for the app. Thus there is no need for decreasing the quality, and the problem of blurry stories will not be an issue anymore.
4. Change the Instagram App Settings
If you’re on a mobile network, Instagram includes a setting that restricts how much data you may use. It is possible for a user to use Instagram while saving his or her data thanks to this function. Initially, this seems to be an excellent idea, however, there is a downside. Your stories will be impacted as well due to the restrictions on the usage of data.
If the quality of your stories is degrading because of the data-saving option, you should disable it while uploading stories. It’s not difficult at all. Just follow the instructions outlined below.
- To begin, open the Instagram app and tap on your profile symbol in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- You’ll notice three horizontal lines on the upper right side of the screen. Tap on it.
- This will bring up a new menu on the right side of the screen.
- In the list of menus, tap on “Settings”.
- On the following page, you’ll notice a variety of settings options; choose the “Account” option.
- Tap on “cellular data usage” on the next page.
- Last but not least, the data saver option has a toggle button to the right of it. Toggle it off and you are good to go.
So, this is the list of all the possible fixes for the blurry stories issues on Instagram. I hope this solved your problem. If not, you can contact the help centre of Instagram, they’ll help you out. In case of any doubt, do let us know in the comment section below.