Zendaya is one of the well-known faces in the industry today. She has set the record straight about the stereotypes of being a tall woman, taller than her boyfriend, Tom Holland.
The actress and singer has made a good name for herself. Time and again, she has addressed the stigma revolving around tall women who date shorter women face.
How Tall is Zendaya?
Zendaya stands 5 feet 10 inches tall. The beautiful woman has a slim figure (32-24-25) and wears UK 6 (shoe size), whereas her boyfriend, Tom Holland, is 2 inches shorter than her (5 feet 8 inches).
When talking about the height difference, Holland stated, “She is not that much taller than me, let’s just put this out there. It is a stupid assumption that our height would affect our relationship.”
Zendaya Began her Career at a Young Age
Zendaya Maree Stoermer, also known as Zendaya, was born on the 1st of September, 1996. She began her career as a child model and a backup dancer, before gaining prominence for her role as Rocky Blue on the Disney Channel sitcom, Shake it Up, in 2013.
In the same year, she was a contestant on the sixteenth season of the competition series, Dancing with the Stars. The talented Zendaya also went on to produce and star as K.C. Cooper in the sitcom K.C. Undercover. The actress rose to immense popularity in 2019 when she began playing the lead role in the HBO drama series, Euphoria.
Other works of Zendaya include The Greatest Showman (2017), the superhero films, Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017), and Spider-Man: Far from Home (2019).
Zendaya Began her Career as a Fashion Model
For the actress, acting was not the first career path. She began her professional career as a fashion model for Macy’s, Old Navy, and Mervyns. She was also featured in an iCarly toys ad and made various appearances as a backup dancer, once being in a Sears commercial, featuring Selena Gomes.
Zendaya was also a featured performer in the Kidz Bop music video for their cover of the song ‘Hot n Cold’. She did several auditions for different roles, dancing numbers, and everything in between. In November 2009, she joined the cast of Dance Dance Chicago, which was later renamed Shake It Up!
The actress made a feature film debut as Michelle in Spider-Man Homecoming in 2016. The film became one of the most successful movies of the year and grossed $117 in its first weekend. Zendaya was praised by many critics and journalists who called her a scene stealer, MVP, and other superlatives despite her brief on-screen time.
Things We Bet You Didn’t Know About Zendaya
If you are a big fan of Zendaya, read the below-listed facts to know your favorite star a little more.
- Zendaya has mixed ethnicity. She comes from African, American, German, and Scottish descents. The actress has always been sincere about her heritage.
- Zendaya took her job as a UN AIDS ambassador when she was 19. In the campaigns, she encouraged young people in America to get themselves tested as ‘it is cool to know your HIV/AIDS status.’
- The actress is a devoted Potterhead. Once upon a time, she would watch Harry Potter almost daily.
- She can bite ice cream with her front teeth without it bothering her.
- She is a huge fan of Channing Tatum. Zendaya has admitted that Tatum is one of her forever celebrity crushes.
- If she weren’t an actress, she would be a teacher.
Keep in touch for more on celebrities.