Struggling with weight gain is a big problem not only among a common man but your favorite celebrities as well. Now and then, a new story buzzes around the weight loss journey of the stars. Lately, Chrissy Metz’s weight story has become the biggest highlight of the celebrity news.
Chrissy Metz is an American singer and actress famous worldwide. She is known for her mind-blowing roles on the screen such as This is Us, American Horror Story, etc. Her character, Kate Person, garnered massive popularity. She even received a Golden Globe Award and Primetime Emmy Award for it. In her show, Chrissy takes hard-hitting storylines in her stride, such as dealing with body image, her disturbing relationship with her parents, and weight loss.
In reality, too, Chrissy’s weight loss journey has been commendable. Her story begins from being a weight watcher as a kid to an inspiring woman who has successfully inspired a million women worldwide.
Here’s everything to know about Chrissy’s weight loss journey.
Weight Gain – A Big Struggle for Chrissy since childhood
In an earlier interview with the Hollywood Reporter, Chrissy said that she was born chubby, but she had been thinner at various stages in her life. “But I was always a chubby kid,” she said.
“My friends could eat whatever they wanted to, but I knew that as a kid if I ate certain things I would gain weight. I had to be really cognizant of what I ate.”
She also stated that she could relate to her character in the show because both of them had similar struggles to lose weight. Their parents, too, didn’t know how to cope with the situation. When she was a kid, she used to go to weight watchers. She was the youngest in the room, which became awkward for her.
What Inspired her to Lose Weight?
Before This is Us happened, the actress landed a recurring role in American Horror Story: Freak Show, which required her to wear a fat suit.
“I was sobering,” she said. “I thought, what if I become so heavy and cannot walk around or get stuck in the doorframe? I was like, I do not want this for me,” she reiterated in another interview.
Her Journey To Lose 100 Pounds
After the incident, she took the whole episode of weight gain in her stride and worked hard toward losing weight more responsibly. All she did was go on a 2000-calorie diet.
Chrissy made strict choices regarding what to eat. She kept the consumption of unhealthy foods at bay and introduced walking to her routine. Such consistency and discipline made a big difference to her physical and mental health.
The Journey of Losing 100 Pounds
Before landing a role in This is Us, she was advised many times by many people to lose weight to get a good amount of work in the glamor world. At that time, she was working for agents and scheduling auditions for other actresses. While working for her agent, Chrissy always felt that this was not the work she moved here for. She wanted to act.
These events also took a toll on her mental health. Chrissy went into depression. On her 30th birthday, she experienced a panic attack. She was rushed to the hospital. This incident made her more conscious of her health. It also made her more responsible for her health, and she reconsidered her priorities and put them straight.
She paired her low-carb diet with regular walking. She used to walk daily for 20 minutes. Whenever she had more time, she would walk more. The lifestyle changes worked for her body. Chrissy lost 100 pounds in five months!
More About her Daily Routine
Chrissy’s weight loss journey began with easy-to-follow lifestyle changes. Merely building healthy routine habits such as walking made her experience a difference in her body weight and mental health. She avoided eating foods that did not have any nutritional value.
After taking control of her eating plans, she felt more positive and encouraged to lose weight. Many people might consider five months as a long time to lose 100 pounds, but for Chrissy, it was nothing less than a victory.
She once quoted that rapid weight loss solutions are not long-term. It is vital to find a healthy way to lose weight.
Chrissy’s Seven Secret Tips to Lose Weight
The actress never used shortcuts like rapid weight loss supplements or weight-loss surgeries for these remarkable and positive drastic changes in her fitness and weight. Instead, she restored to natural ways and means like a weight loss diet and restricted calorie consumption per day. She also introduced working out into her routine. Her continuous efforts towards her weight loss journey have made her look what she looks today.
She has shared the seven secret tips to stay healthy and lose weight with her fans.
- Always start slow and with ease. Weight loss is something that cannot happen overnight. You have to start by making this journey your vision and then work on it step-by-step. You have gained weight over the years. How can you expect to lose it within a few weeks? Patience is crucial throughout your weight loss journey.
- Learn the art to handle. Handle whatever comes your way. Losing weight is not easy. You may experience various challenges. But overcoming these challenges is what makes you a winner.
- Never feel demotivated when you cannot reach a target you have made for a particular time frame. Throughout your weight-loss journey, learn to love yourself over everything else.
- The weighing scale that you use regularly is not everything. There is so much more to each individual than merely standing on a weighing scale and checking your weight.
- You will see beautiful changes in your body when you alter your eating habits. Eating right is the first step to losing weight. Never consume foods that do not benefit your body. Always choose a healthy diet. You can make it delicious by trying various recipes – the internet always comes to the rescue.
- Pair up your eating habits with a good workout routine and stick to it to witness positive results quickly. The factors like consistency and discipline will always yield the best outcomes.
- Besides working on your physical habits, meditate for peace of mind. Regular meditation helps to bring positivity and create good focus.
We hope that reading about Chrissy Metz’s journey of losing weight motivated you.