This coming Monday, the 4th of July also known as American Independence Day is a federal holiday which implies the majority of businesses will remain shut or might operate during different business hours on this very special day.
“America’s birthday” is celebrated with a lot of fireworks, parades, concerts, family cookouts, citizens wearing red, white, and blue across all communities, and many more exciting things.
If you have been looking around to find out what is open and what is closed on the 4th of July, then you are at the right place as we will cover all the details in our article below. Keep scrolling!
What’s Open and Closed on Independence Day 2022?
The historical day took place more than two centuries ago in 1776 to mark the birth of the United States after the legendary John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Roger Sherman, and Robert Livingston led from the front during the political liberation of the 13 North American colonies which were ruled by Great Britain.
List of Government and Municipal offices shut on Monday
- State offices
- Local municipal offices
- Federal offices
- Registry of Motor Vehicles
- State courts
- Federal courts
- Post offices
While most of the businesses and state offices are closed, Massachusetts state parks and other national parks are open to the general public. However because of rising cases of Coronavirus they might be open for limited hours. The Springfield Armory National Historic Site is closed on both Mondays and Tuesdays.
Financial institutions are Closed
- Banks – The majority of US bank branches are closed on the 4th of July.
- Stocks – The stock market is also closed for business on Monday.
Retail Stores are Open
Liquor stores and Grocery stores are open on 4th July.
Below is the list of retail stores along with their operating business hours on Monday.
- Big Y: Open from 7 AM to 9 PM
- Stop & Shop: Open 8 AM to 10 PM
- Atkins Farms Country Market in Amherst: Open 7 AM to 6 PM
- Aldi: 9 AM to 4 PM
- BJ’s: 9 AM to 7 PM
- Pride Stores: Open regular hours, which vary by location
- Kohl’s: Open 10 AM to 9 PM
- Target: 8 AM to 10 PM
- Trader Joe’s: 8 AM to 5 PM
- Walgreens: Store open 8 AM to 6 PM
- Walmart: Open regular hours
- Whole Foods: Open 8 AM to 9 PM
- Home Depot: Open regular hours
- Old Navy: Open regular hours
- Dollar Tree: Open 8 AM to 10 PM
- Publix: Open regular hours
- Ikea: Open 10 AM to 9 PM
- J.C. Penney: Open 11 AM to 8 PM
- Joann Stores: Open 9 AM to 6 PM
- Kirkland’s: Open 7:30 AM to 4 PM
- Lowe’s: Open 6 AM to 10 PM
Are Restaurants Open?
Yes, the majority of restaurants across the country are open for business on the 4th of July.
Is there a Trash and Recycling Facility on July 4th?
Trash and recycling collections will be deferred by one day this week as per the Syracuse mayor’s office. There are other municipal and private haulers working on different operating hours tomorrow.
Are Libraries Open?
County libraries are closed this Monday, July 4th on the occasion of Independence day. However, one can check more details by heading over to the County website.
Hope the above information helps you in planning your day on the 4th of July. Stay in touch for all the latest news and updates!