The world knows Dave Chappelle as one of the most renowned stand-up comedians. His journey to such a celebrated career wasn’t easy at all. Thanks to the support of his beloved, Elaine Chappelle, he passed all the bumps on the road.
Here is everything to know about Elaine Chappelle, Dave’s wife of 21 years.
Who is Elaine Chappelle?
Elaine was born Elaine Mendoza Erfe in Brooklyn on the 31st of August, 1974. It makes her 48 years old at present.
Reportedly, she once aspired to become a professional chef. However, some life updates made her choose to stay at home and raise her family as her priority. Elaine is not a public person. Hence, not a lot of information could be gathered about her personal life.
In 2019, she showed her support to her husband when Dave won the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor. The lady was spotted cheering for him from the audience.
When Did Dave and Elaine Get Married?
The duo married in 2001 in a small ceremony with close friends and family in tow. They moved to Ohio five years after their marriage to live a quiet life.
Dave is not just known for his incredible timing when it comes to humor, but for his modesty as well. Once upon a time, he stated in an interview, “I’ll be reminded that I am a celebrity here, but I do not think about it at all until somebody asks me for a selfie or something.”
Can I See Elaine on Instagram?
Unlike many celeb spouses who love to share their personal life with their fans, Elaine likes to keep everything private. Hence, her Instagram account, too, is private with a few followers. The lady doesn’t prefer oversharing everything on social media.
You can still check her Instagram bio featuring a famous quote from Eleanor Roosevelt, “What other people think of me is none of my business.”
Do Dave and Elaine have Kids?
The couple has always led a happy married life. They have three children two sons – Sulayman and Ibrahim, and a daughter Sonal. Like their mother, the three siblings also like keeping everything private and low-key.
Cute Facts about Dave Chappelle, his Wife, and Family
- The couple lives in an immensely beautiful yet modest home. They own a house in Yellow Springs, Ohio, on 39 acres of farmland. Despite such a large portion of land, the house has three bedrooms. The couple enjoys leading a humble life.
- Dave Chappelle’s net worth is $50 million.
- Both Dave and Elaine are from different ethnic backgrounds. The former is African-American and comes from an impressive family background of academicians, while the latter is of Filipino descent.
- Elaine is a dedicated mother to her children. She put her dreams on hold to raise her kids in a happy environment. She doesn’t regret her decision even one bit. She is a loving mother to her kids.
- In 2019, Dave opened up on his Netflix stand-up special, Dave Chappelle: Equanimity and The Bird Revelation, about his children. He stated how bittersweet it feels to watch your kids grow up and not need you as much.
How do you like Dave and Elaine as a couple? Tell us in the comments below. Keep in touch for more on celebrities and entertainment.