Speak about ‘Skyscraper’ and you get the name ‘Burj Khalifa’.
The Burj Khalifa stands in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It is the tallest building in the world and illustrates a true masterpiece by all means.
Coming up are some of the most interesting facts about Burj Khalifa. Don’t let your curiosity take over because my friend these lesser-known facts will fill your mind with daze!
C’mon, go on!
Burj Khalifa Facts You Didn’t Know!
World Records of Burj Khalifa!
Since 2009, Burj Khalifa is the tallest building. It has broken several records and also has set some new ones. Ready to go through them?
- Burj Khalifa is 828 meters high which makes it the tallest architecture in the world. Its height is nearly thrice of the Eiffel Tower and twice of Empire State Building.
- The world records that Burj Khalifa has currently scored are: ”highest occupied floor”, ”elevator that has longest travel distance”, ”highest number of stories”, ”tallest elevator”, and ”tallest free-standing building”
- It broke the record of CN Tower and became the tallest free-standing building in the world.
- It has 160 floors and that puts its name to have the highest floors in the world.
- The world’s biggest restaurant resides in Burj Khalifa. After all, we would love a meal with a view, no? At.mosphere on level 122 of Burj Khalifa will welcome you to have your meal. Enjoy caviars and oysters from a height of 441-meters.
- The highest residential apartment stands at 385 meters. So, if you like heights, you know where to make your habitat.
- The second-highest swimming pool takes its home in Burj Khalifa. You can find it on the 76th floor of the building.
- Elevators always make life easier. After all, you can’t rely on stairs to climb such a top building, right? The world’s tallest elevator at 504 meters is in Burj which goes at 60km/hour. It drives through 140 floors. Crazy, right?
- Burj Khalifa is about to see its competitor in the coming time. Jeddah Tower is currently under construction and is one of Saudi Arabia’s next projects that is likely to count as the tallest building.
- Another reason to pay a visit to Burj is that it has the highest outdoor observation deck situated on level 148 which again, is the highest in the world.
- Burj Khalifa has also made its place for being setting record-breaking feats. Alian Robert also popular as French Spiderman has made it to the summit, solo, in a matter of 6 hours.
- The Dubai Fountain is the largest dancing fountain system as it dances every 30-minutes from 6:00 PM, Wednesday to Sunday. It stands right in front of Burj Khalifa.
Construction Facts About Burj Khalifa
It took 6-years to build the Burj Khalifa. In October 2009, the construction work wrapped up. For the public, it opened on January 4, 2010.
13. An American engineering architectural firm, Skidmore, Owings & Merill, SOM were the designer of the world’s tallest building.
14. The construction of the tallest building used 330,000 cubic meters of concrete. The weight corresponds to the weight of 100,000 elephants.
15. The architectural height of Burj Khalifa is 2716.5-feet (828.0-meters)
16. A total of 12,000 workers were involved in creating the magnificent architecture. The effort put in was 22 million hours of work.
17. Burj Khalifa contains aluminum which is equivalent to the weight of 5 Airbus aircraft.
18. The construction and design of Burj Khalifa are based on Hymenocallis Flower or Spider Lilly. The petals of the flowers originate from the center. You can find a similarity when you view Burj from the top.
19. The exterior of Burj Khalifa has 26,000 glass panels. The glass is gracefully cut by hand and has the power to control Dubai’s extreme temperature.
20. The gardens that surround Burj Khalifs uses condensation from the Air Conditioners for watering.
21. The construction of Burj Khalifa swiped 2 billion USD to build.
22. Migrant works from different countries were hired for the construction of the world’s tallest building. There were 4 deaths. The contractors faced backlash for low pay.
Interesting and Fun Facts About Burj Khalifa
Of course, we want to know all that we don’t know about the world’s tallest architectural design. Let’s find out.
23. Tom Cruise during Mission Impossible – Ghost Protocol climbed Burj Khalifa.
24. The top of Burj Khalifa records a temperature of 15°C lower than the temperature at ground level.
25. Furthermore, 10,000 fireworks were shot to celebrate the opening of Burj Khalifa.
26. To clean all the windows of Burj Khalifa, takes three months. As soon as it is completed, it’s time to begin all over.
27. The Dubai Fountain, that surrounds the Burj Khalifa is as big as two football fields.
28. The designers of the sound and light show of Burj Khalifa were Bellagio.
29. There are a total of 57 elevators and 8 escalators.
30. Earlier, Burj Khalifa was named Burj Dubai. However, soon later, to honor the Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the president of the UAE, the skyscraper was renamed, Burj Khalifa.
31. Before 2010, the height of Burj Khalifa wasn’t disclosed.
32. Burj Khalifa allows you to enjoy sunset twice. One from the ground floor and the other from the observation deck.
33. It will take 20 seconds for a human to freefall from the top of the building and hit the ground.
34. The world’s highest nightclub is situated on the 144th floor.
35. Burj Khalifa has 2 underground levels that serve as parking spaces.
I thoroughly enjoyed writing this piece telling all about Burj Khalifa Facts and I truly hope you enjoyed reading them as well.
Let us know if you know some more interesting facts that we aren’t aware of.