With Windows 11 to be made available for all compatible devices by the end of 2021, Microsoft has talked about the minimum requirements for your device to run Windows 11 smoothly. This information will help you to find out whether your current PC is up to the task or not. So, let’s a look at it.
Windows 11 System Requirements
On the launch of Windows 11, the presenters clearly mentioned that if your computer doesn’t match the minimum requirement of Windows 11, then there’s no way for you to install the latest Windows on your computer. So, let’s take a look at the minimum requirement for you to run Windows 11 on your computer.
- Processor: Minimum 2 core processor, and clock speed above 1GHz
- RAM: Your computer must have a minimum of 4GB RAM and at least 64 GB free storage.
- System Firmware: UEFI, and Secure Boot compatible.
- TPM: minimum of TPM 2.0
- Graphics Card: Installed Graphics card should be compatible with DirectX 12 or its later versions with WDDM 2.0 driver.
- Display: At least 1280×720p resolution screen.
- Internet Connection: Microsoft account and internet connectivity is required for setup for windows 11 home.
Of all the minimum requirements mentioned above, most of the PC will not be able to run Windows 11 because of TPM 2.0 requirement. For checking the TPM version installed on your computer, type and enter “tpm.msc” in the run dialogue box.
Is My PC Compatible With Windows 11?
So, if you want to check whether your computer or laptop is compatible with the latest Windows 11 or not, you don’t need to look elsewhere. As Microsoft itself has given the option of checking it. Just follow the below-mentioned steps to find out how you can check the compatibility of your device.
- Go to the official page of Microsoft by clicking this link.
- On the homepage, click on the Windows 11 banner.
- Scroll down a bit, and you will find a section of “Check for compatibility”. You will have to download the Microsoft official app by clicking on the link mentioned there.
- Once the app is downloaded, open it.
- Click on, “Check now” option present on the home screen.
- It will take 2-3 seconds to check your computer and display the result of whether your PC is compatible to run Windows 11 or not.
When Will You Receive Windows 11 Update?
Windows 11 will be available for users as a free update. This update will only be available for all the windows 10 genuine users, i.e. who have the original Windows 10 account, not a pirated one. According to Microsoft, the rollout of the Windows 11 update will begin from November 2021 and will continue till 2022. However, if you are impatient and can’t wait long to try out the latest Windows 11 you can join the Windows insider program to try out the beta version of Windows 11. But always remember, the beta version doesn’t reflect the final quality, it might contain lots of bugs and glitches.
Talking about the difference between Windows 10 and Windows 11, Windows 11 comes with the power and security of Windows 10 with a completely new and redesigned system UI. You will also get new apps, sounds, and tools that you haven’t experienced before in any Windows version.
So, it’s just a matter of time till we get the latest Windows 11 upgrade on our system, until then stay safe, stay happy.