Monday, January 17, 2022
HomeLatestMelon Music Awards 2021 Winners List

Melon Music Awards 2021 Winners List

We are finally here with the winners of the much-awaited Melon Music Awards 2021!

The announcement of the winners of one of the most prestigious award shows of the year, Melon Music Awards 2021 was done through a live broadcast on 4th December, Saturday.

The award show is held every year to honor the talents of the music industry for their performance of the previous year. The 13th annual award ceremony that was held online was hosted by Lee Yong Jin and Park Sun Young from Seoul.

Here are the winners of the Melon Music Awards 2021

BTS, IU, aespa, Heize, BlackPink, SEVENTEEN, SHINee, TWICE, and Red Velvet are some of the top contenders of the awards. Artists whose music was launched between Nov-11, 2020 to Nov-7, 2021 were eligible for this year’s Melon Music Awards.

Here is the complete list of the winners of Melon Music Awards 2021 under different categories:

Top 10:

  • Aespa
  • AKMU
  • ASH ISLAND
  • BTS
  • Heize
  • IU
  • Lee Mu Jin
  • lIlBOI
  • NCT DREAM
  • Lim Young Woong

Artist of the Year

IU

Album of the Year

IU for Lilac

Best Song of the Year

BTS for Butter

Record of the Year

Aespa for Next Level

New Artist of the Year

  • Aespa (Female)
  • Lee Mu Jin (Male)

Hot Trend Award

Brave Girls

Best Performance

The Boyz

Best Song Writer

IU

Best Collaboration

  • Coldplay with BTS
  • Best Music Style
  • Homies

Music Video of the Year

Tomorrow x Together

Best Project Music

M.O.M

Best OST

Lee Mu Jin

Best Male Group

BTS

Best Female Group

Aespa

Best Male Solo Artist

Lim Young Woong

Best Female Solo Artist

IU

Global Rising Artist

ENHYPEN

1theK Original Contents

StayC

Performance Director Award

Son Sung Deuk

Netizen Popularity Award

BTS

The event has been organized by Kakao M via its online store, Melon. This year is the second year for the event to be held online. As such, this year again, the event was missing the live audience due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The performers of this stunning evening are IU, Lee Mu Jin, Heize, Lim Young Woong, M.O.M of MSG Wannabe, TOMORROW x TOGETHER, The Boyz, ENHYPEN, Brave Girls, and STAYC.

Melon Music Award 2021

Let us share with you the criteria for finalizing the MMA 2021 winners under different categories.

20% online voting and 80% digital sales were taken into account for the Top 10 Artists Awards category. On the other hand, winners for the rest of the awards were decided based on 20% online voting, 60% digital sales, and 20% Judges’ score.

Genre awards and Special awards are however an exception as the winners for the former are selected based on 70% digital sales and 30% judges’ scores whereas Special awards are given based on 100% Judges’ scores.

Keep a regular check on this space to know the latest happenings in the entertainment world!

Archana Kabra
Archana Kabra is a Freelance Writer and has been extensively writing stuff related to Entertainment, Lifestyle, and Technology. She is also an ardent music lover. Twitter handle: @archana153sarda
RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular