The match between India vs. Pakistan is one of the most awaited cricket matches in the history of Cricket. The significance of this match lies in the enmity between the two nations that is going on since partition. As soon as the T20 World Cup schedule is released, cricket fans begin looking forward to the day when India will face arch-rival Pakistan. On October 24th, India will face Pakistan in the 2021 T20 World Cup.
On this day, these two sides will face off. Cricket fans in both nations will stick to their television screens. While Pakistani cricket is on a bad run, they will be hoping to turn things around by defeating India.
In this article, we have mentioned some of India Vs. Pakistan World Cup facts. These facts will make you watch the game more interestingly.
India Vs Pakistan World Cup Facts
After the FIFA World Cup and the Rugby World Cup, the ICC Cricket World Cup is the world’s second most popular sporting event. The cricket match between India and Pakistan in the ICC World Cup is generally a significant affair. If you want to make the match more exciting for you, here are some facts about the India Vs Pakistan World Cup fixtures.
- India has never lost a World Cup match against Pakistan, whether it was in the 50-over format or the T-20 format. In the 50-over format, India has defeated Pakistan six times, while in the T-20 format, India has defeated Pakistan five times.
- In 1983 and 2011, India won the World Cup. India finished second in the 2003 World Cup, which was won by Australia.
- In 1975 and 1979, the West Indies won the World Cup both times.
- Pakistan and Sri Lanka are the other two World Cup winners, having won in 1992 and 1996, respectively. So far, Asian cricket teams have won four cricket World Cups.
- Intriguingly, the last five T20 World Cup matches between India and Pakistan have all been low-scoring games. Neither India nor Pakistan have managed to reach the 160-run mark. The highest runs scored in an innings is 157/5, which India achieved in the inaugural edition of the T20 World Cup final in 2007.
- In ICC competitions, Virat Kohli has been extremely prolific with the bat against Pakistan, notably in T20 World Cups. Even though he has only played in three of the five T20 World Cup matches against the Men in Green, his willow has created havoc in all three. Out of three matches, he has managed to get 2 Man of the Match titles.
- Between 2007 and 2016, India and Pakistan played five World T20I matches. Furthermore, nine years is a considerable amount of time. Only two players, MS Dhoni and Yuvraj Singh have appeared in all five India-Pakistan matches.
- Three players have played for both the Indian and Pakistani national teams in an international cricket tournament. Partition in 1947 caused this ‘phenomenon’ to occur. Before India gained its independence, players like Gul Mohammad, Amir Elahi, and Abdul Hafeez Kardar represented India on the international stage. When Pakistan gained its independence, these three players played in the Pakistan national team.
The last point is one of the interesting facts about India Vs Pakistan. I hope you enjoyed the interesting facts regarding the great rivalry between India and Pakistan. If you have some more, do let us know in the comment section below.