After the premiere of the first season, Tokyo Revengers is returning for the second season after two years this January. The mind-bending time-traveling hero of Tokyo Revengers, Hanagaki Takemichi, will continue his quest to save Manjirou, Ken, and especially Hinata Tachibana.
When and Where to Watch Tokyo Revengers: Christmas Showdown?
Tokyo Revengers season 2 will release its first episode on Sunday, January 8 in Japan. But most of the global audiences will see it on Saturday, January 7 as per their respective timezone. The domestic release in Japan will also follow differently in different time zones. The time of airing in different time zones are:
- Pacific Standard Time (PST): 9:08 AM, Saturday, January 7.
- Eastern Standard Time (EST): 12:08 PM, Saturday, January 7
- British Standard Time (BST): 5:08 PM, Saturday, January 7
- Greenwich Mean Time (GMT): 5.08 pm, Saturday, January 7
- European Standard Time (EST): 6:08 PM, Saturday, January 7
- Indian Standard Time (IST): 10:38 PM, Saturday, January 7
- Japan Standard Time (JST): 2:08 AM, Sunday, January 8
Each episode will be available on the Disney Plus streaming platform for most International audiences. This time Crunchyroll is unable to acquire the streaming rights. However, Hulu has streaming rights in the US.
The Cast of Tokyo Revengers Season 2
The latest trailer has also confirmed the cast of the show. Most of the old characters are returning this season with some new voices as well. The Tokyo Revengers: Christmas Showdown cast follows:
- Yuki Shin as Budo Hanagaki aka Takemichi.
- Azumi Waki as Hinata Tachibana.
- Ryota Osaka as Naoto Tachibana.
- Isamu Hayashi as Sano Manjiro.
- Masaya Fukunishi as Ken Ryuguji.
- Sho Kano as Chifuyu Matsuno.
- Matsuoka Teijo as Mitsuya Takashi.
- Yu Hatanaka as Shiba Hachikai.
- Masaaki Mizunaka as Keisuke Bachi.
- Subaru Kimura as Haruki Hayashida.
- Yukihiro Notsuyama as Ryohei Hayashi.
- Kengo Kawanishi as Nahoya Kawada.
- Daisuke Ono as Yasuhiro Muto.
- Shunichi Toki as Hitotora Hamiya.
- Takuatsu Terashima as Atsushi Sendo.
- Yuya Hirose as Takuya Yamamoto.
- Shunsuke Takeuchi as Makoto Suzuki.
- Shota Hayama as Kazushi Yamagishi.
- Yumi Uchiyama as Emma Sano.
- Shotaro Morikubo as Tetsuta Risaki.
- Takuya Eguchi as Shuji Hanma.
- Junya Enoki as Inui Seimune.
- Natsuki Hanae as Hajime Kui.
- Sugita Tomokazu as Shiba Daiju.
- Mikako Komatsu as Yuzuha Shiba.
But Tatsuhisa Suzuki’s iconic voice of Draken from season 1 has been replaced by Masaya Fukunishi. The art director has also changed as Rumi Matsumoto has replaced Manabu Ostuzuki. However, Liden Films will be producing the series just like in season 1.
What to Expect from Tokyo Revengers: Christmas Showdown?
The official synopsis on the Disney+ show: “Traveling back in time to middle school, Takemichi rewrites his life story to save his sweetheart”.
As per manga, season 2 of Tokyo Revengers will primarily focus on the Christmas Showdown arc of Ken Wakui’s manga of the same name as the Shiba siblings are the main feature of this arc. The plot will primarily explore Taiju Shiba’s volatile relationship with his younger siblings Yuzuha and Hakkai. However, Seishu Inui and Hajime Kokonoi will have major roles to play after featuring in the final episode of the season.
Tokyo Revengers became one of the most popular series in the 2021 ring and Summer broadcasting slates. Since then, the show has become one of the fan-favorite series. The anime broadcasted its final episode in September 2021. Just in December of that year, it was renewed for its sequel, Tokyo Revengers: Christmas Showdown.