Megan Thee Stallion’s got a strong supporter. American rapper Soulja Boy couldn’t keep quiet and came to Megan Thee Stallion’s defence about July 2020 shooting. The “Turn My Swag On” rapper fired shots at the entire “hip-hop” community for not supporting Megan and instead, victim-shaming her after she was shot by Tory Lanez in July 2020. Tory was found guilty on all counts during the last hearing of his Los Angeles trial.
Soulja Boy Calls Tory Lanez A Bi***
— HipHopDX (@HipHopDX) January 9, 2023
Soulja Boy is taking no breath in accusing the “rap community” of not supporting rapper Megan Thee Stallion. On Instagram Live, the 32-year-old Atlanta rapper said, “Yall n-ggas out here shooting bitches and ain’t nobody gone say nothing? I’m the only n-gga in the whole rap game that’s gonna say something? Ok, cool.”
Thereafter, he fired shots at convicted felon Tory Lanez by calling him a “bitch.” “Well, Tory Lanez you a bitch. You a bitch n-gga on me. Y’all watched this n-gga shoot this bitch and everybody said, ‘He ain’t do it.’ Man, fuck yall lame ass n-ggas,” Tory raged.
Soulja Boy did not stop here! The Grammy nominee claimed that Tory Lanez’s career was “trash”. “You want to shoot bitches in the feet n-gga? You’s a pussy n-gga,” Soulja Boy stated in his video.
He continued, “And when you get from jail n-gga you know where I’m at. You got a problem n-gga I’ll beat your bitch ass n-gga. Don’t never rap over any of my beats, and don’t never freestyle over any of my beats. You trash n-gga. Your music is trash. Your career trash. Your whole life trash.”
Lanez Found Guilty On All Counts…
The “rap community” may not have supported Megan Thee Stallion, and instead, victim-shamed her, but the law surely served justice. On December 23, 2022, Tory Lanez was found guilty on all counts in the Los Angeles trial. He s facing a maximum sentence of more than 22 years, and deportation back to Canada.
he jury found the 30-year-old Canadian rapper guilty on three counts: “discharging a firearm with gross negligence, assault with a semiautomatic firearm and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle.”
Megan Thee Stallion’s attorney Alex Spiro was overjoyed with the victory. “The jury got it right,” Alex Spiro said in a statement. “I am thankful there is justice for Meg.” In April, Tory was handcuffed for flouting a protective order and detained in custody. However, he had to pay an increased bail, from $250,000 to $350,000.
However, Tory’s fans came to his defense and condemned the verdict. In response to the guilty verdict, his fans established several petitions to appeal his conviction in connection to the shooting. The petition aims to reach a goal of 75,000 signatures.
One of the petitioners wrote, “Tory Lanez was found Guilty of all charges and it is a true miscarriage of justice The state did not prove that Lanez undoubtedly committed any crime. Reasonable doubt loomed over a 10-day trial as the prosecution was unable to show us that there were no alternative explanations of the events. A circus of speculation, insufficient evidence, inconsistencies, and drunken memories left us without much moral certainty of any truth.”
Megan Thee Stallion previously testified that Tory shot at her feet five times after a party in Hollywood Hills on July 12, 2020. This happened due to an argument that escalated between the two rappers in connection with their careers. “I feel like that really rubbed him the wrong way,” she said during her testimony. “He kept yelling and cursing.”
She revealed that when she tried to get out of the vehicle and walk away, Lanez opened fire, leaving the back of her feet wounded. She narrated in the court that he even yelled “Dance, b—-!”. She has to undergo surgery to remove bullet fragments in her feet. Keep reading for more updates on this case.