As announced by SAG-AFTRA, this year’s nominees for the 2023 SAG Awards have been released today.
This year’s nominations were led by the Banshees of Inisherin and Everything Everywhere All at Once, whom each received five nominations, including the top honor for best cast, in the top category.
SAG Awards Announced Its Nominees
On Wednesday, the Screen Actors Guild announced its nominations for the 29th annual SAG Awards, which comes at the start of the movie awards season, which took place on the same day as last night’s Golden Globes and Sunday’s Critics’ Choice Awards.
Among the nominees this year in the big ensemble film category, Paramount’s Babylon has kicked off the festival, Searchlight’s The Banshees of Inisherin has been nominated, and A24’s Everything Everywhere All at Once has been nominated.
In addition, universal’s The Fabelmans and United Artists’ Women Talking stand out. Last night was remarkable for Banshees and Fabelmans, who took home the top film prizes at the Globes for their films.
As part of today’s nomination announcement, Banshees led all films in nominations with five, followed by Everything Everywhere with four. Among all the studios, A24’s Cinderella had the most nominations, with seven nominations.
Several Other Film Nominees Were Also Notable This Morning
In addition to Cate Blanchett, Michelle Yeoh, Viola Davis, Ana de Armas, Danielle Deadwyler, and others who have already made a name for themselves this season, several other notable film nominees this morning: the lead actress race is dominated by Michelle Yeoh, Viola Davis, and Ana de Armas, whereas the actor category is dominated by Austin Butler, Colin Farrell, and Brendan Fraser, as well as Adam Sandler for Hustle.
Last year, the SAG Awards played a significant role in launching the careers of several future Oscar winners, including CODA in the marquee cast ensemble category and Jessica Chastain, Will Smith, Ariana DeBose, and Troy Kotsur, all of whom went on to win Oscars last year.
The television categories for this morning will crown two new ensemble winners, with the winners of last year’s awards, Succession, and Ted Lasso, not eligible to compete this time. There are several drama options to choose from now, including AMC’s Better Call Saul on its final season, Netflix’s The Crown and Ozark, Apple TV+’s Severance, and HBO Max’s The White Lotus on HBO Max.
The competition in the comedy category includes ABC’s Abbott Elementary, HBO Max’s Barry & Hacks, FX’s The Bear, and Hulu’s Only Murders in the Building on Hulu.
The final season of Ozark by Netflix topped all small-screen nominations with four, leading all TV networks/streamers with 12 nominations today. According to the nominations, Jean Smart and Julia Garner are both in the lead, with three nominations each for Hacks and Babylon, respectively.
List Of All SAG Awards Nominees For The Year 2023
In an earlier announcement, the SAG Awards announced that the awards would be held in February. As soon as this announcement was made, Netflix came aboard to stream the show on its platform beginning in 2024, when the show was announced.
As a result, long-term home TV viewers will no longer be able to watch TNT and TBS. According to Netflix, this year’s ceremony will be streamed live on their YouTube channel, which can be accessed here. We are pleased to present you with a list of all the nominees for the class of 2023, followed by their scorecards:
Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Television Movie or Limited Series
- Steve Carrell (“The Patient”)
- Taron Egerton (“Black Bird”)
- Sam Elliott (“1883”)
- Paul Walter Hauser (“Black Bird”)
- Evan Peters (“Dahmer”)
Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television Movie or Limited Series
- Emily Blunt (“The English”)
- Jessica Chastain (“George and Tammy”)
- Julia Garner (“Inventing Anna”)
- Niecy Nash Betts (“Dahmer”)
- Amanda Seyfried (“The Dropout”)
Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series
- Anthony Carrigan (“Barry”)
- Bill Hader (“Barry”)
- Steve Martin (“Only Murders in the Building”)
- Martin Short (“Only Murders in the Building”)
- Jeremy Allen White (“The Bear”)
Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series
- Christina Applegate (“Dead to Me”)
- Rachel Brosnahan (“The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”)
- Quinta Brunson (“Abbott Elementary”)
- Jenna Ortega (“Wednesday”)
- Jean Smart (“Hacks”)
Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series
- “Abbott Elementary”
- “The Bear”
- “Only Murders in the Building”
Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series
- Jonathan Banks (“Better Call Saul”)
- Jason Bateman (“Ozark”)
- Jeff Bridges (“The Old Man”)
- Bob Odenkirk (“Better Call Saul”)
- Adam Scott (“Severance”)
Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series
- Jennifer Coolidge (“The White Lotus”)
- Elizabeth Debicki (“The Crown”)
- Julia Garner (“Ozark”)
- Laura Linney (“Ozark”)
- Zendaya (“Euphoria”)
Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series
- “Better Call Saul”
- “The Crown”
- “The White Lotus”
Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role
- Angela Bassett (“Black Panther: Wakanda Forever”)
- Hong Chau (“The Whale”)
- Kerry Condon (“The Banshees of Inisherin”)
- Jamie Lee Curtis (“Everything Everywhere All at Once”)
- Stephanie Hsu (“Everything Everywhere All at Once”)
Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role
- Paul Dano (“The Fabelmans”)
- Brendan Gleeson (“The Banshees of Inisherin”)
- Barry Keoghan (“The Banshees of Inisherin”)
- Ke Huy Quan (“Everything Everywhere All at Once”)
- Eddie Redmayne (“The Good Nurse”)
Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role
- Cate Blanchett (Tár”)
- Viola Davis (“The Woman King”)
- Ana de Armas (“Blonde”)
- Danielle Deadwyler (“Till”)
- Michelle Yeoh (“Everything Everywhere All at Once”)
Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role
- Austin Butler (“Elvis”)
- Colin Farrell (“The Banshees of Inisherin”)
- Brendan Fraser (“The Whale”)
- Bill Nighy (“Living”)
- Adam Sandler (“Hustle”)
Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
- “The Banshees of Inisherin”
- “Everything Everywhere All at Once”
- “The Fabelmans”
- “Women Talking”
Outstanding Action Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Motion Picture
- “Avatar: The Way of Water”
- “The Batman”
- “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever”
- “Top Gun: Maverick”
- “The Woman King”
Outstanding Action Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Television Series
- “The Boys”
- “House of the Dragon”
- “The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power”
- “Stranger Things”
In addition to the SAG nominations announced today, the winners in each of the guild’s 15 acting categories will be revealed at a ceremony held at the Fairmont Century Plaza in Los Angeles on Sunday, February 26. Keep an eye out for more news from showbiz in the coming days.