Music plays a very important role in movies as well TV shows. The use of a good licensed song and original score can act like a cherry on the top of the cake in a movie and it can add that right amount of feels to a particular scene or moment in the film or show.
For those of you who are unversed, let us share with you, the movie The Policeman which is largely set in the 1950s just dropped on the streaming platform Amazon Prime Video and it has received mixed reviews from the side of critics.
To capture the feeling of the 1950s in the movie The Policeman, many classic songs were featured in the film. Read on to know which songs were used in the movie and who composed the original score of the film.
When did the movie ‘My Policeman’ release?
The movie My Policeman dropped on the streaming giant Amazon Prime Video on November 4, Friday. It is based on the 2012 novel of the same name by Bethan Roberts. The movie revolves around three young people and a tale of forbidden love.
In the 1950s Brighton, a gay policeman named Tom Burgess (played by Harry Styles) marries schoolteacher Marion Taylor (portrayed by Emma Corrin) while being in a relationship with a museum curator, Patrick Hazlewood (essayed by David Dawson). The secret they share threatens to ruin them all.
‘My Policeman’ Soundtrack
Following are the songs that are featured in the movie My Policeman:
- Memories Are Made Up of This by Dean Martin
- Magic Mirror by The Empires
- Baby by Little Richard
- Honey Drop by The 3 Honeydrops
- I’m Going to Get Lit Up ( When The Lights Go Up in London) covered by Joe Alexander, Emma Corrin, David Dawson, and Harry Styles
- Lachyrmae, OP. 48 by Benjamin Britten, performed by Judith Busbridge and Chris Ma
- With All My Heart by Petula Clark
- La Traviata / Act 3: Addio Al Passato by Giuseppe Verdi, arranged by Julius Steffaro
- Stormy Weather written by Harold Arlen and Ted Koehler, performed by Andy Massey
- Don’t Get Around Much Anymore by Acker Bilk and His Paramount Jazz Band
- La Traviata / Act 1: Libiamo Ne’ Lieti Calici (Brindisi) by Giuseppe Verdi, performed by Royal Opera House Orchestra
- Bewitched, Borthered, And Bewildered by Ella Fitzgerald
- Gloria In D, R.589 – Rev. Franz Giegling: Gloria In Excelsis Deo by Antonio Vivaldi
Who composed the original score of the movie ‘My Policeman’?
Along with a couple of licensed songs, the romantic drama My Policeman also consists of an original score which has been made by British composer Steven Price. He began scoring music for films and TV series in the year 2004.
Price is most noted for his work in films and TV shows such as Attack The Block, Fury, 2016’s Suicide Squad, Baby Driver, Last Night In Soho, and David Attenborough’s programs like A Life On Our Planet, The Hunt, and Our Planet.
What is your favorite track from the songs featured in the movie My Policeman? Kindly let us know in the comments section below. Don’t forget to stay tuned with us for the latest updates from the world of showbiz.