Karan Johar’s “Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham” is an epic family drama that has given us some solid life lessons. From tips on love, how to make an entrance, and, of course, reminding us to never fuck with parampara, K3G has shaped the lives of kids in the early 2000s.Which is probably why we have Kareena Kapoor Khan to thank for all the shallow 22-year-old over dressed.
Which is probably why we have Kareena Kapoor Khan to thank for all the shallow 22-year-old over dressed “poo’s” of the world today with excessive makeup.
Regardless, we still managed to learn a thing or two from this loving 5-hour drama even if 3.5 hours of it was music and dancing.
Life Lessons from Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham:
1. Always arrive in a helicopter, because duh. It’s bawse af.
2. Flirt with your potential daughter-in-law, because that’s not creepy at all
3. Innocent moms are always trapped between needy husbands and needy kids #SaveMomsEverywhere
4. If you don’t hear from your elder brother for 10 years don’t worry, it’s totes normal. Nothing suspicious here at all.
5. Always drop family secrets with the doors and windows wide open because that is the safest way to talk about them. Trust me, no one is listening.
6. No matter how short the role, Alok Nath will still be a better “bauji” than you will ever be in life. #KanyadaanKing
7. Don’t try to sneak out or into the house, moms always know. Their spidey senses are always tingling.
8. Tongue twisters are the best pick up lines.
9. Every Hindu girl needs a Muslim BFF #Unity
10. Don’t fuck with parampara, it’ll get you kicked out of the house and you’ll lose your inheritance. Just don’t do it.
11. Always fight for true love over everything…. especially if bae’s dad just died.
#EmotionalAttyachar, but seriously, losing a parent is rough, especially when it’s the bauji of all bauji’s, Alok Nath.
12. Always treat people with kindness, especially the small-town girl with the greasy hair, she may turn out to be hot.
13. The fat kid could be a rich hunka-hunk when he grows up so don’t turn him down right away. Find that inner beauty in him, bish!
14. The perfect prom date should have 3 essential characteristics, good looks, good looks and… good looks.
15. You know it’s real love when your jewelry is constantly attached to his kurta. Dat romance tho…
16. Always let random people your sister-in-law brings home to stay at your place because he could be your kid brother you haven’t seen in 10 years who’s grown into a muscular hulk from an extra fluffy muffin.
17. Daijaan’s always know everything. Their spidey senses are as strong as mom’s.
18. Singing patriotic songs will get you out of trouble with your parents, literally, the emotions blind them so they’ll never catch you.
19. Ashirwad doesn’t require consent.
20. Smacks = love
If you didn’t get smacked today, I’m sorry to say no one loves you.
21. And last, but not least, is the biggest lesson of all that Karan Johar spent 5 hours trying to explain to us all, “It’s all about loving your parents…”