Denis Villeneuve’s Dune (also known as Dune: Part One) is a 2021 American epic science fiction film directed by Denis Villeneuve and based on a script written by Jon Spaihts, Villeneuve, and Eric Roth. It is the first of a proposed two-part adaptation of Frank Herbert’s 1965 novel of the same name, focusing on the first half of the book, and is the novel’s second movie version after David Lynch’s 1984 feature.
Warner Bros. has stated that the HBO Max streaming release of Denis Villeneuve’s Dune would be pushed back by a few hours, making the movie available a few hours earlier than intended. Okay, so this is a little complex, so we’ll attempt to explain it as simply as possible.
Dune Official Release Date & How To Watch It Online?
On Friday, October 22, 2021, Dune will be released in theaters, including IMAX screens, and on HBO Max, a streaming service. This is, after all, merely a theatrical date.
Dune premieres on HBO Max at the same time as it does in cinemas across the United States — and at the same time no matter where you are in the country. On October 21, at 3 p.m. Pacific/6 p.m. Eastern, Dune will premiere on HBO Max. On September 3, 2021, Dune screened at the 78th Venice International Film Festival.
On September 15, 2021, Warner Bros. Pictures released the movie in theaters around the world. The film was leaked online on October 17 ahead of its planned premiere in the United States and on HBO Max. The movie will subsequently be pulled from the service platform later on and released on home video as usual.
Duke Leto Atreides acknowledges the stewardship of the threatening desert planet Arrakis, also known as Dune. In the far future of mankind, as the only source of the universe’s most valuable substance, ‘melange’. A drug that expanded human life, offers superhuman levels of consciousness and allows for faster-than-light travel. Well, a lot of drama and suspense is going to come on our way.
Dune Upcoming Cast List
The following is a list of the upcoming cast members for ‘Dune.’ Take a look at it below.
- Timothée Chalamet – Paul Atreides : The ducal heir of House Atreides.
- Rebecca Ferguson – Lady Jessica : Paul’s Bene Gesserit mother and concubine to Duke Leto.
- Oscar Isaac – Duke Leto Atreides : Paul’s father and the Duke of House Atreides bestowed with the stewardship of Arrakis.
- Josh Brolin – Gurney Halleck : The weapons master of House Atreides and one of Paul’s mentors.
- Stellan Skarsgård – Baron Vladimir Harkonnen : Baron of House Harkonnen, enemy to House Atreides, and former steward of Arrakis.
- Dave Bautista – Glossu Rabban : The nephew of Baron Harkonnen
- Stephen McKinley Henderson – Thufir Hawat : The Mentat of House Atreides
- Zendaya – Chani : A young Fremen woman and Paul’s love interest
- David Dastmalchian – Piter De Vries : The Mentat of House Harkonnen
- Chang Chen – Dr. Wellington Yueh : A Suk doctor in the employ of House Atreides
Dune Trailer Reveal
Of course, the wonderful trailer for this upcoming movie has already been released, giving us a clearer idea of what’s coming up next and how exciting it’ll be. Watch the trailer below.
Another official trailer was released by Warner Bros Pictures. Watch it below.
Well, a final trailer was released about a week ago, and viewer’s loved it.
Possible Upcoming Sequel
Despite the fact that the Legendary Villeneuve has yet to officially approve the sequel, Villeneuve has claimed that the 2021 movie will cover about the first half of the novel, with a follow-up movie covering the other half.
He explained, “I would not agree to make this adaptation of the book with one single movie”, says Villeneuve. “The world is too complex. It’s a world that takes its power in details.” Before the film’s premiere, Villeneuve stated at the Venice Picture Festival that he intends to make a trilogy, with two movies based on the first novel and a third movie based on Dune Messiah.
Villeneuve has been assured that a sequel will be made if the movie does well on HBO Max. So, we hope that all of your concerns have been clarified, and that you can now enjoy this wonderful movie. Do let us know what you think.