The nominees for the American Music Awards have been announced, which means it’s time to vote for our favorites. The audience will choose the winners based solely on their preferences. More votes equal more chances to win a specific category.
There are many categories in the award ceremonies, which means there are many nominees. The 50th Annual Awards Ceremony will honor the most popular artists and albums of 2022.
Bad Bunny leads the nominations with seven, followed by Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, and Drake, who are all up for six. Now how can you actually vote for your favorite artist? Let’s take a look at that.
How To Vote For American Music Awards 2022?
All categories are currently open for voting, with the exception of the favorite K-pop artists, which will open on November 1, 2022. The event will take place on November 20, 2022, and will be broadcast live on ABC at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time / 7:00 p.m. Central Time.
Votings are scheduled to close on November 14, 2022. Now if you are confused about the voting methods let’s explore that. To begin, there are two ways for you to vote in the Awards: Billboard Website Voting and Twitter Voting.
And this makes it easier for the audience if they are not comfortable with any particular method.
Billboard Voting Method
If you don’t use Twitter, you can vote on the website. You can use your preferred device to access the official Billboard voting website.
- You will see a tab or button for each Award when you arrive at the Billboard Voting Page. And there are a lot of categories there. To access the voting page for each Award, click the relevant tab or button.
- Similarly, you will see your favorite artist’s name and cute picture, followed by a “Vote” option.
- They will request that you sign in to your Facebook or Twitter account. If you are not already logged in, you should do so in order to vote. It is, in fact, mandatory.
- Then, agree on the voting rules.
- Once you have completed the formalities, you will be taken to a ‘Thank you’ page that verifies your vote and allows you to share it on your Facebook profile or Twitter timeline, vote for another Award, or lay an additional vote for that Award via Twitter.
Twitter Voting Method
Now let’s take a look at the Twitter voting method.
- To vote via Twitter, you must have a Twitter account, be logged in, and have your Twitter account set to public.
- Your vote will not be counted unless you use specific terms.
- To vote, you must mention three main components. The nominees’ names or Twitter handles, the award category, and the Program’s official hashtag: #AMAs
- For example “I’m voting for @HarryStyles for Artist of the Year #AMAs”
Another catch is that you can vote multiple times for your favorite artist to win. During the Voting Period on each Voting Platform, you can submit up to twenty-two votes per Award per day for both Billboard Website Voting and Twitter Voting.
If you have reached the maximum number  of votes for an Award, you may still vote for other Awards.
Categories To Select From At The 2022 American Music Awards
Well, now you know how to vote. Let’s take a look at the categories this year. It’s a massive list and you need to remove it a good number of times if you are planning to cast all 22 votes. The categories are as follows:
- Artist of the Year
- New Artist of the Year
- Collaboration of the Year
- Favorite Touring Artist
- Favorite Music Video
- Favorite Male Pop Artist
- Favorite Female Pop Artist
- Favorite Pop Duo or Group
- Favorite Pop Album
- Favorite Pop Song
- Favorite Male Country Artist
- Favorite Female Country Artist
- Favorite Country Duo or Group
- Favorite Country Album
- Favorite Country Song
- Favorite Male Hip-Hop Artist
- Favorite Female Hip-Hop Artist
- Favorite Hip-Hop Song
- Favorite Hip-Hop Album
- Favorite Male R&B Artist
- Favorite Female R&B Artist
- Favorite R&B Album
- Favorite R&B Song
- Favorite Male Latin Artist
- Favorite Female Latin Artist
- Favorite Latin Duo or Group
- Favorite Latin Album
- Favorite Latin Song
- Favorite Rock Artist
- Favorite Rock Song
- Favorite Rock Album
- Favorite Inspirational Artist
- Favorite Gospel Artist
- Favorite Dance/Electronic Artist
- Favorite Soundtrack
- Favorite Afrobeats Artist
What are your thoughts on the voting method? Are you planning to cast your votes? You are welcome to drop your opinions in the comment section below.