Thums Up Chicken Wings Recipe Because Why Not?
Aside from being desi’s beloved cola of choice, did you know you could cook with Thums Up as well? The sweet and subtly spicy notes of the cola lend dimension to the usual soy-garlic blend of many wing recipes.
And what can you drink to wash it down? A Thums Up of course!
Thums Up Chicken Wings
- 3 Pounds Chicken Wings, Wing tips removed
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable or Canola oil
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garam-Masala powder
- 10 Ounces Thums Up cola
- 1/2 Cup Dark-Brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Soy sauce
- 4 to 5 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- ¼ Cup minced Coriander leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and garam masala. Add chicken wings and toss evenly to coat.
- Arrange wings in a single layer on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake wings until crisp, about 40 to 45 minutes. Rotate baking sheet halfway through cooking time.
- You will want to coat your wings with the sauce while the wings are hot, so prepare the sauce while the wings are cooking—about 30 minutes into the cooking time.
- To prepare the cola sauce, heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add Thums Up, brown sugar, soy sauce, and garlic; whisk to combine. Simmer on medium-low for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring so the sauce does not stick or clump.
- Add cornstarch and whisk to thicken about 4 to 5 minutes. Add coriander leaves, salt, and pepper, stir and remove from heat.
- At this point, your wings should be cooked; remove from oven and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Pour sauce over wings and toss with tongs. Serve hot.