Bollywood Actresses Taller than Their On-Screen Partners, Part 2
Over the years the leading ladies of Bollywood seem to be getting taller and taller, so we’ve got quite a few talented actresses who are romanced on the big screen by actors shorter than them. There are actually so many pairings we had to make a 2 part list! Check out part 1 here before you keep reading part 2!
Regardless of all the leading ladies in ballet flats, stools and steps for the heroes to stand on and awkward camera angles, we still manage to notice the height difference in many of our much loved on-screen pairs. With Bollywood actresses being such a tall drink of water, our handsome shorter actors need a little extra skill to woo them. Check out part 2 of our mega list of 28 times the short guy got the girl!
Check out part 2 of our mega list of 28 times the short guy got the girl!
15. Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Huma Qureshi are uber talented stars that are magic on screen in their historical drama “Gangs of Wasseypur.” The film is immensely powerful and I don’t think anyone was focused on their height difference.
16. Singer and actor Dhanush was in love with his childhood best friend Sonam Kapoor in “Raanjhaana.” Their height differences, as well as other aspects of their appearance, were used to emphasize their differences in class, education and religion in the film.
17. Sushmita Sen is one of the most beautiful women in the world, and at 5 feet 9, she is an inch taller than her leading man, Shah Rukh Khan in the mega hit film, “Main Hoon Na.”
18. Funny man Rajpal Yadav was seen romancing the lovely Rituparna Sengupta in the movie “Main Meri Patni Aur Woh,” and their very obvious height difference was super cute.
19. Saif Ali Khan is one hero who can have girls of any height falling for him, he truly is a real life prince charming. The chote nawab was seen romancing both Deepika Padukone and Diana Penty in “Cocktail”—and both ladies are taller than him!
20. Karishma Kapoor and Govinda are one of Bollywood’s most iconic jodis from the 90s. They turned any film into a hit and fans were loving their chemistry, no one ever had time to notice a height difference when these two lit up the screen. There is no one like the legendary Govinda and his height never was an issue when it came to the ladies.
21. Sushmita Sen and Govinda starred in two films—neither of which did well at the box office, but the actors still rocked it. The duo starred in “Kyon Ki… Main Jhooth Nahin Bolta” and “Do Knot Disturb.” I know it sounds like they’d have a huge height difference, but you’d be surprised to know that Govinda is only an inch shorter than Sen!
22. Shah Rukh and Deepika Padukone in starred in numerous hit films and fans love their jodi regardless of their height (and age) difference. They make such a lovely pair in films like “Chennai Express,” “Happy New Year,” and “Om Shanti Om.”
23. Govinda was shorter than his “Gambler” co-star, Shilpa Shetty. The funnyman and queen of the dhumka’s also starred together in numerous popular films like “Aag,” “Pardesi Babu,” “Haathkadi,” and more!
24. Real life couple Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh are seriously relationship goals. This real life and reel-life couple are so hot together I doubt anyone noticed their height difference in “Ram Leela” or “Bajirao Mastani.”
25. Lara Dutta and Salman Khan starred in the Bollywood remake of the Hollywood comedy “Hitch.” They had an odd pairing in terms of height, but they made it work in “Partner,” alongside Katrina Kaif and Govinda.
26. The sexy Sonakshi Sinha is a tall drink of water with curves and Shahid Kapoor did his best to woo this stunning starlet in “R…Rajkumar.” They had great chemistry and a lovely off-screen friendship.
27. Chulbul Pandey, aka Salman Khan is shorter than his gorgeous lady love, Sonakshi Sinha in “Dabaang.” Khan is a one actor who isn’t ashamed of his height and loves to romance his high heels loving Bollywood co-stars.
28. Salman Khan also rocked the big screen with the stunning Jacqueline Fernandez in the hit film “Kick. ” Another actress taller than her co-star yet the fire never fizzled for that reason, the couple still looked hot AF.
We might have another tall actress being romanced by her shorter co-star in the upcoming historical drama “Padmavati.” The Sanjay Leela Bhansali film stars Deepika Padukone and Shahid Kapoor as a married couple along with Ranveer Singh and Aditi Rao Hydari.
Whether you love the height difference or it creeps you out, you can’t deny these couples are pure fire on screen! Don’t forget to check out part one of this list here!